1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody want to fit my lowering kit near Braintree/Chelmsford Essex?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Pubemammal, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

I got some new shocks with apex lowering springs already fitted arriving this week. Just wondered if anybody would like to fit them for a few of the beer tokens?! I can drive to you and lend a hand. I just have no where to do it and havn't got the proper tools.

It will be a straight strut for strut swap (front and back). I am in Braintree in Essex but can drive to you.

Thanks
    Sam
  2. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

3. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator

If you are only after some ramps and tools to fit them...then there are D.I.Y garages around that charge about £20 an hour to rent out and have the tools available to use also.

Have a google search as I know there is one in Southend, but could be easier to go into London.

Chris
  4. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Thanks buddy, may of found someone now. If not I'll look into it. Cheers
  5. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Rung up the mechanic where its booked for Thursday and got quoted £200 then I said that's too much, got a call back and he said he would do it for £150. Is this a fair price? Correct me if I'm wrong but seems quite steep for fitting four shocks?
  6. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator

So around 3 hours labour? Around an hour for the rear and about 2 hours for the front.

Tbh that doesn't sound to bad....like with most jobs though, try and bundle as much into that working area as possible at a time.

E.g You are getting coil overs fitted but are you also upgrading/replacing the top mounts as well? They could be worth doing IMO and also have a check at the other parts around that area.
  7. Munch

Munch Member

Since when has there been another asn member in Braintree, lol if you need a hand mate, let me know.
    I've just lowered mine so got all the right tools etc. I'm working this weekend, but will be free the following, best set aside a day for it just incase you've got any seized bolts etc.
    let me know mate
  8. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Yes that's great thanks buddy you have a PM.

The top mounts have recently been replaced by previous owner so should be alright... Also means there shouldn't be any seized bolts etc!