Anybody want a FREE Front Mount Intercooler

Pace need the car to develop a kit, it will be the BEST available..... If you can get the car to me next week when they drop mine off you get to keep the i/c after they have made and documented it.

A.

Sorry it must be the hangover, but what do you mean? My brains fried today! lol
Im picking up my S3 hopefully on Tues.
Thanks

Does that include diesels? I'm interested if it does :)

Pace have my car for its intercooler and are dropping it back at my work next week, they want to take another car back with them for the next one.

so you would need to drop the car off with me in Dorset then they would drop it back to you or back to here when its done.

NO COST

I expect they will do diesels next as well.. :)

With all due respect & nothing personal, but you would need to verify the setup with Pace directly with the car owner, not just yourself, as nobody would willingly hand over there keys just like that, sure its legit, but caution advised & Pace would need to offer some form of insurance/guarantee of the car security & warranty whilst in there possession if anything should go wrong.

totally fine, you can drop off at pace if you wish, no problem for me whatsoever... it was simply for their convenience

I am not actually gaining anything from this either, its a favour to Pace. I am simply helping.

If your interested I will then pass your details onto Jason and you can deal from there

Pace do this sort of work all the time, they regularly have our cars their for development and we have never had a single problem

Andy

Andy mate as I said its nothing personal, its merely advice for anyone considering, wasnt indicating any gain for anyone & the offer is very kind of you for sure, but unfortunately its not quite as easy/clean cut as that no matter how often someone does this, as it only takes an issue once to really **** someone of as you can appreciate.

I'm sure Pace have some form of insurance etc, but personally me as an owner, would only be willing to do this if they showed me an insurance certificate that covers my car on there premises & a written document stating they would cover any losses should the car be damaged or stolen, which IMHO is more than a fair request, think you'd agree, cause a free FMIC is very good of them, but without the car its useless :)

Not taking it personally, however I agree.

I am being totally honest, but I dont think I have ever been asked if we are insured.... perhaps we should have..... even though Ktec is insured upto the hilt. Also each one of us has personal cover for all the cars we work on.

I feel this is a formality which of course is part and parcel with an contract of car to workshop arrangement.

Covering your back these days is essential, from BOTH sides!

Andy

Covering your back these days is essential, from BOTH sides!

Yeah for sure, these days you have to cover yourself, luckily with my job I always check the car before I do any work, start, drive maybe a little & do full autoscans before commencing any work & keep them on record, showing customers what faults if any are apparent, so no comebacks for faults that were present before touching the car, but with mechanics its a different story unfortunately, anyway I'm sure someone will cotact you as its a fair offer.

Why do you need an a/s3? There enough fmic on the market for you to copy. Only thing you can change is the core. I'd say your a little to late for this one. If anything you should look at the pipe work from the 'L' pipe from the cooler to intake manifold and 'S' pipe from turbo to cooler. No aftermarket company has these. Also inlet pipe from maf to turbo is a good one. Ill be first one to buy if you have a good solution for these

that is what Pace have asked for.

the point is they dont want to copy per say, they would rather look at the designs and make their own mind up.

however this is a good point to raise which extra pipes you feel they need to look at.

as with the S4 intercooler, their kit is now available with a alloy throttle body intake pipe instead of the crappy rubber boot..

its things like this that I hope will make the kits stand apart.

When they look at the design they will see there is certain fixings the cooler must have to fit flush. The cooler sits between the radiator and air con radiator. So design and size wise it will be vey similar to whats already avaliable. They can only really change the core and inlets and outlets to the cooler. You could also have a look at an oem one which is quiet cheap

When they look at the design they will see there is certain fixings the cooler must have to fit flush. The cooler sits between the radiator and air con radiator. So design and size wise it will be vey similar to whats already avaliable. They can only really change the core and inlets and outlets to the cooler. You could also have a look at an oem one which is quiet cheap

thats if your using the forge twincooler as a base idea, which in itself isnt great, the better option, especially for the S3 is to go down the pro-alloy or THS unit and create one massive unit which takes car of the rad and the FMIC duties, these 2 are acknowledged as the best on the market and all the BT converted S3's are running them

I know they certainly wont be copying Forge!!!! or anyone for that matter

haha good good, byt that i meant i was hoping they would be going with a single unit rather then the twin idea

Reactions: AndyC