Anybody used the ECP single mass flywheel conversion kit?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Seen on the Euro Car Parts site that they list a complete kit to swap the dual mass flywheel for a single including cluthc for £380.

Anybody have experiecne of this kit as my clutch may not have long left on it

Its a standard Valeo part afaik, expensive though.

When i did the engine in the old 1.8T, i used an Audi 80 TDI flywheel, and a clutch kit for a 1995 A4 TDi 90hp

Seems to be holding up to the remapped 1.8T just fine.

You can use the Sachs Race Engineering rs2 clutch with a SMF off the early audi a4 1.9 Tdi but the flywheel will need re-drilling to take the rs2 pressure plate. Very, very strong clutch and will take 5-600Nm all day long. SMF are ok on petrol cars its just on diesels they will transmit more vibrations trough the gearstick and steering column into the cabin.

The 80 TDi flywheel is the same as the early A4 1.9TDi item, and easier to find in scrapyards!

Interesting on the redrilling, i've sat looking at the TDi flywheel, but i cant see how you can fit a larger clutch plate in there?

The standard 230mm coverplate is already right out at the edge of the flywheel? Wouldnt the 240mm coverplate overhang the edge and interfere with the starter ring gear?

I should add that OEM cars i've seen using 240mm clutches (S4 and V6's etc) use a dished flywheel with a much shallower pressure plate. This allows the extra room to get the 240mm clutch inside the same flywheel diameter.

The 80TDi/A4TDi single mass unit is completely flat, meaning the pressure plate is much larger as a result?

I'll see if i can dig out any pics from when i did the engine on the old car.