Anybody use Toyo Proxes R888?

£170 per corner in my size. Personally wouldn't pay that much for a set even if they were made of gold. Nankang NS2R I have on now are pretty awesome when warm for less than half the price.

Last edited:
Where from? Same size as mine.

My mate has the R888 tyres on his tuned TVR. He swears by them and he pushes the TVR! He has about 15 cars and most of them have the R888 tyres on. He hardly uses the other cars.

They don't wear particularly well from what I've seen. The new Nankang track tyre is getting good reviews.

I've bought NS2R's for my track car, not run them yet though.

I cant see the point of a tyre like an R888 or even the NS2R on a daily. I simply cant see why you'd need that much grip on the road in the dry. An Eagle F1 or similar high performance tyre will easily take you waay beyond safe and sensible on a dry road, and will be much more stable in the wet.

Furthermore, the slicks are expensive, so why wear them away driving to work... Surely much better to just buy another set of rims, fit the tyres to those and use them for track only, and keep normal road tyres on for daily duties. Otherwise you'll just **** your money away in a few thousand miles of boring road driving.

I suspect looking at the tread, the NS2R will be better at shifting water than the R888 if your going down that route.

I wouldn't normally consider it but I can split my mileage between both the A4 and TT and can't store more wheels for a track specific set.

Did you get 120 or 180 compound aragorn? They are not great in wet to be honest. F1s are better and my plan is to get a set for wet track days and getting to/from track.

Mine are 180's.

I asked around and looked at many forums and got the feeling that they were alright in the wet, for a semi-slick.

I too planned to run eagle F1's or similar for wet days, but I've got the NS2R's and dont have any eagles so i'm going to give them a try in a few weeks and see how it goes. If they're ****, i'll get some eagles or something as well.

I had them on at the start at mallory, when it was wet from the night, and I wasn't impressed. Also drove on the road in wet quite a lot. Really struggled to get temps up.

Brother was working at the AutoSport show and said about this. Looks decent.

I found the load index was the big issue as most tyres seem to stop at 88 and we need a 92

They say that it is currently only limited amount of fitment, so maybe something they will add later.