Anybody on Orange/Freeserve/wanadoo?

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I have an internet/email account with orange (was freeserve, then wanadoo) and have an email address in the form of mynameatsurname.freserve.co.uk. I've recently added an email account for my wife with an address of wifesnameatsurname.freserve.co.uk. I was hoping to be able to set-up 2 users on my windows xp machine and then have each outlook send and receive emails for each respective user only. Problem is that even though I have my outlook set-up for own account, my wifes emails are still coming into my email inbox even though I'm not asking for them. Then, when she logs in, she doesn't get any emails because they're all already downloaded into my inbox. Or, she logs in before me and downloads emails, and also gets my emails. How can I set-up so that only my emails are received into my inbox, and my wifes emails are received into her inbox? Is this a setting I've missed, or is orange incapable of differentiating between the 2 accounts.

Sounds a little weird, but probably worth checking your Outlook Account properties again - the cleanest way to seperate it is to use outlook profiles...

First you'll need to open Outlook and go to your account properties; make sure you only have one POP3 connection listed for your Freeserve account in this page; and while you're there you might as well check that the username specified in the properties of this POP3 connection is relevant to your email address only (may be your entire email address, may just be everything before the @).

Next, close Outlook and open Windows Control Panel; if it's not already in Classic View, click at the top left to switch it... Then you're looking for Mail options...

mail.jpg

Once in there, click show profiles...

profiles.jpg

For tidiness' sake; hit the Copy button and when prompted call the profile "His" or something relevant to you. Next remove the "Outlook" default profile which you just made a copy of.

Once you've done that you simply have to either hit Add and follow the prompts to enter all the details for your wife's email account; or what's probably easier, make a copy of yours (naming it relevant to her), then hit properties, then follow the directions to modify the account settings and all you'd have to do in theory is alter the POP3 username and password.

Finally once you've set the accounts to their respective settings, click the radio button for "prompt for a profile to be used" in the settings box; that way each time you open Outlook it will ask you to choose which email account you'd like to use. You can also revert to one user account for Windows too if that's preferable as of course Outlook will handle it all now.

profilesettings.jpg

Hope that helps fella,

Rob.