1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody in southend area willing to let me borrow their N75 for 15 mins???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Steveo_A3_1.8t, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Steveo_A3_1.8t

Steveo_A3_1.8t Member

hello peeps,
    my car has a intermittent boosting problem, 9 out of 10 times the car comes on boost then drops off slightly and comes back again two to three times throughout the rev range. i have recently done a boost leak test,due to fault codes causing MIL to come on, and found the clip fitting where the charge pipe meets the pipe before the pancake pipe was dislodged, anyway fixed that and tested for leaks again and it was all sorted. then this problem started straight away, thought id give the ecu a few days to settle back down after it kept going into limp mode due to the boost leak, but its not getting better. anyway..........

i would like to test a 100% working N75 before i shell out for one if possible. so if anyone is willing to help me out i would be very gratefull.

cheers

Steve
  2. Metro

Metro Error

I have this exact same problem myself on my 1.8t, it went away for a few miles after I changed my oil pick-up after oil starvation... But then went back to the same problem... I was so happy when I thought it was fixed... I'm tempted to get the turbo reconditioned and see if that helps..
  3. Steveo_A3_1.8t

Steveo_A3_1.8t Member

That's why I wanna check th N75 first, hopefully it's that. I'm also wondering if it could be a weak actuator??
  4. Yanzman

Yanzman New Member

i live in southampton. i got a4 b5 1.8t quattro,got n75 J on that
  5. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Have you tried un plugging your MAF to see if your problems go away?
  6. Metro

Metro Error

Ahhh, might do that when the roads arnt so wet.. Just got some Bridgestones on today and makes so much difference over the budget **** the previous owners put on it..
    Cheers for the advice btw, is it just a case of unplugging the sensor and leaving it loose? Or am I pissing up the wrong wheel?
  7. Steveo_A3_1.8t

Steveo_A3_1.8t Member

No I Havnt, it's a fairly new (6months) Bosch unit and didn't really think of that being the problem, but I shall try it tommorrow morning on my way to work if I remember.