Anybody Got Access to the A3 (8) Bose Amp Wiring Diagrams

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As it says really would like to replace the Bose system in my 2005 A3 (8P) and would initially like to use the existing pre-amp feed to the Bose Amp.

Eventual system when the funds allow will include an upgrade to an Alpine DVA-9861Ri running optical into an Alpine PXA-H600 with a pair of the Alpine PDX Amps into Focal Utopia Componants.

Would like to do a gradual upgrade and so install the Focals running from one of my PDX amps fed from the Audi Concert.

Really the pinouts I need to the Bose Amp end.

Thanks,

Paul

You really don't want to use the fisher price wiring on the Bose system.
You're gonna have to run power to the boot anyway for the amp so just run some RCA's at the same time and use the BLAU adapter to link it to the stock HU. The Bose speakers are 2 ohm and sound terrible when used with anything other than the Bose amp so you'll need to replace them at the same time. I'd run new speaker cable as well.

Cheers Andy,

Phase 1 would involve installing the Focals in the front and running them off of my PDX-4.150. As the PXA-H600 links optical and AI-NET purely to the HU, I was hoping to pickup the pre out feeds at the Bose end as a temp measure to run the PDX as in the long run I won't require any RCAs from the HU to the back.

Also it would mean I'd have to buy a pair of 5M stereo RCAs as I don't have any at the moment.

So my plan was to run the speaker cables down the centre of the car, the optical and AI-net down one side and the power run down the other.

Hence my request for the Bose Amp pinouts so that I can find the Pre-Out connections to feed the PDX.

Regards,

Paul