1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever changed an air con pipe before?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dieselfitter251, Jul 3, 2009.

1. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

[Jul 3, 2009]
    I've all the bits, (well pipe here hopefully for the weekend). The system is currently empty so no worries of nasty gas, just wondering if anybody knows what's involved.

Ta guys.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. Siena

Siena Active Member

[Jul 3, 2009]
    They can be very tight - the threads corrode (soft aluminium) and can get damaged trying to undo them.

If any of these pipes are those that go into the condenser, be careful - it's all too easy to twist the ends off, rather than undo the unions, if you're not careful!
  4. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 3, 2009]
    you will be very lucky to remove and replace without causing damage, last owner of mine managed to wreck threads on condensor so i ended up buying a complete pipe, condensor and dryer that had been removed without being disconnected and fit them as one peice
  5. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

[Jul 3, 2009]
    Oh no...!

I took all mine out and binned them... apart from the front condenser/radiator. They were all in tip-top condition too.

Long story why I removed it all though!
  6. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

[Jul 3, 2009]
    Ok. Going by my track record with stinky I'll be bathing these joint in stop lock / WD 40 for some while! Cheers fellas