Any young(ish) A4 drivers?

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if there were any other under 25 A4 drivers on here who could recommend any cheap insurers?

I'm 24, bought my 2.0 SE (51) last year (when I was, wait for it ... 23!) and got a good quote with Admiral, who I also have my Golf insured with. Renewal is coming up and the renewal quote is reasonable. Have done a few other quotes online, including Elephant, and Bell Direct (all part of the Admiral group), which are around the same. E-sure and First Alternative won't insure me because of the age/car combination.

I'm getting quotes of just over the £500 mark. This includes 6 years no claims bonus, protected no claims, 12k miles per year, having the missus on the policy (she's 24 too) etc.

I think £500 is actually quite reasonable, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone else had any recommendations of insurers to try? (The missus works for Churchill and they quoted me £800+ !!)

Cheers.

Mike

I dont have a B6 but have a B5 and am 20 got it when i was 19 and have been insured with Admiral and Elephant. Was with them with my 309GTI when i passed my test as well.
I can't find anyone cheeper for me although one of my mates is with Tesco but they were more expensive for me.
Hope this helps your decision.

Cheers

I was with Tesco and they wanted 1400 pounds for this years renewal, so i phoned Admiral and got a qwote for 600 with business miles on as well.
They even give you 1 month free, which was good.
Oh and im 23.

Im with elephant pay £425 for a A4 avant 1.9tdi insured for 18k with 3 years PNCB, and im 23

E-Sure ........................£349 Fully comp with the Mrs and 8Yrs NCB. I'm a little older than you boys though (just a little) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Directline has always come up trumps, otherwise Egg Insurance and that was on an S3.

Now I have my S4 Sainsbury's Bank is cheapest by about £300 but the excess is higher, hence the reason. Only quote under a grand for 29 years of age plus 6 years protected NCD on Group 20.

Not quite as young as you but had a £10K write off in 2002 (other party at fault) and banned from driving in 1997 (don't ask why, long story) so quote is good given the circumstances

20 years old. wll be getting an S4 in may.... depending on delivery to dealer. and my insurance will be just over 2k fully comp.. including a named driver on a prosche cayenne S aswell. also allows me to drive any car upto a 2.8 aswell fully comp..

thats with Zurich on a private client policy.

I am 21 - my insurance on my b6 is £900 fully comp, 3 years ncb, 6 points with privilige

chaz

[ QUOTE ]
20 years old. wll be getting an S4 in may.... depending on delivery to dealer. and my insurance will be just over 2k fully comp.. including a named driver on a prosche cayenne S aswell. also allows me to drive any car upto a 2.8 aswell fully comp..

thats with Zurich on a private client policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh how the other half live /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I bought my 53-reg A4 1.8T 190PS Sport when I was 23. It's group 16, I had one years no-claims bonus, no points or accidents and got a year fully comp. from Elephant for £800. The year after it went down by about £130 to £670 and hopefully next time it's gonna come down singnificantly again. When I first looked Elephant were at least half as cheap as anyone else I could find.

ha ha ive used £140 in 6 months of diesel - sorry i lied ive just put £5 in so thats £145 in 6 months- and ive kept all recipts(how anal?)

So you have a nice car but just dont drive it anywhere! Or is it cause its always in the garage??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Ah ok that explains it! Even so little petrol (diesel) you cant be driving it much though. A car like that should be driven everywhere to show it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ah ok that explains it! Even so little petrol (diesel) you cant be driving it much though. A car like that should be driven everywhere to show it off

[/ QUOTE ]

Every chance i get i go out in it, but just a bit too busy at moment, thats why ive got it for sale cause girlfriend recons its a waste of money

try carole nash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
thats why ive got it for sale cause girlfriend recons its a waste of money

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but what do most girlfriends know mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but what do most girlfriends know mate

[/ QUOTE ]

Washing, cleaning, nagging, shagging, all the important stuff!!!

HA HA

im 22 and got a b5 2.5 tdi, got it when i was 21.

with elephant and pay £746 with 1 years ncd.

£145 in six months, thats how much Optimax I use in a good month!! Coupled with a trip to London or the Highlands every now and then you're talking either side of £200. But hell its worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

As for insurance, still maintain Directline, Egg or Sainsburys are probably the better deals. Confused.com gets itself confused and the AA........ well they're a joke. They must serach throught the UK's lead rip off merchants, was quoted £3600 at 29 for my S4 with 6 years protected NCD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Thanks for all the responses. I think I have tried all the ones suggested that I hadn't already. If anyone's interested, I've included the results below.

These are all based on a 24 year old Software Developer with 6 years protected NCD, SDP and Commuting to 12k per annum, parked on driveway in West Wickham (near Bromley), Kent, with 1 additional driver (24 year old female), on my October 2001 A4 2.0SE Manual Saloon with no mods (oh and £100 voluntary excess).

Order lowest priced to highest:

Bell Direct - £549.00
Elephant - £562.00
Admiral Renewal - £598.48
Sainsburys - £625.00
Directline - £680.40
Egg - £723.45
TheAA - £761.00
Norwich Union Direct - £795.00
Churchill - £862.00
Budget/Fortis - £866.49
Dial Direct/Fortis - £870.66
Its4Me/Fortis - £944.63
SWINTON/Fortis - £944.63
Direct Choice/Allianz - £952.12
Direct Choice/Cornhill - £1,313.00
Direct Choice/Groupama - £1,632.40

I don't know why I didn't just try Direct Choice in the first place and save myself all the hassle!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Cheers

Mike

But not as good as 8 other insurers that Mike tried. They obviously didn't quote him happy.

My girlfriend couldn't get her golf clubs in the back of an A3, so has just ended up with a brand new Alfa 147. Surprisingly nice little car! Anyway, not an A4 obviously, but Gp 12, so similar I assume to a 2.0 A4?

She's 22, with 5 years no claims. Did have a big prang a year back, but fully recovered. Does have 6 (yes six!) points though for speeding... Lives in a fairly urban part of Surrey.

Huge range in quotes after Churchill couldn't change her insurance over on the day she picked up her insurance - their "computer" had completely stuffed up her records. Raised a few interesting questions, but that’s a different story.

The point - the best quote by far was Norwich Union - £599. Suggs certainly quoted her happy...!