Any work done from Hazzydayz?

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am about to commit to a company called Hazzydays on doing some work on my brandnew A3.
The person i am speaking to is Gareth of
http://www.vwcruise.com/ or Hazzydays limited?

Is there anyone who had work done to their car and can offer a review?

I am concerned about my warranty if work is carried out by Gareth.

If you had work done can you tell me the quality of the workmanship?

i am having a few things done like retro fit cruise control and footwell lighting.

I had a brand new FBMFSW supplied and fitted , it was the OEM wheel for the S3 and air bag , it was BRAND spanking new!

Price was very good ( still a few £££ , but a lot cheaper than dealer price ) he took my round MFSW as part ex.

Very professional in his work, i would/will use him again.

p

Was gonna use him, bought thought why should I pay him £150 to fit my wheel when me and matt can do it for free. He quoted me £750 for flat bottom dsg wheel fitted. Bought mine for £340 from ebay, matt is buying mine for £150 and helping me fit it. So thats £190 all in then fitted, compared to £750 :think: plus matt got vag-com as well :icon_thumright:

N8KOW said:
Was gonna use him, bought thought why should I pay him £150 to fit my wheel when me and matt can do it for free. He quoted me £750 for flat bottom dsg wheel fitted. Bought mine for £340 from ebay, matt is buying mine for £150 and helping me fit it. So thats £190 all in then fitted, compared to £750 :think: plus matt got vag-com as well :icon_thumright:

I would of gone the ebay route , but they don't seem to sel the S3 wheels , they sell wheels that fit the S3 , thats the difference!

I'm a fussy cnut! Hehehe

p

thanks

Any more?

Not really worried about the cruise bit...

more worried about the install for the footwell lights etc...
as involes more bits being removed... since the car is new more concerned about trim being scratched.

Just to confirm.

Footwell lighting on the A3 sportback is just for the fronts is this correct?

drnutta said:
Just to confirm.

Footwell lighting on the A3 sportback is just for the fronts is this correct?

How much is he charging for the footwell lighting? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

p

So for sportback no rear footwell lights yes?

i am still trying to get pricing for the footwell light install.

Hi,

I had Cruise fitted by Gareth about 4 weeks ago and he was very professional, very tidy, communications in the morning about arrival time etc were spot on.

If you don't like fiddling with the nuts and bolts yourself then Gareth is a very good choice and he comes out to your house/place of work.

Just my 2p worth.

Had Cruise fitted to my wifes A3 by Gareth. Travelled up from London to north of Manchester. Excellent service, excellent communication from him and all round a brilliant service. Would highly recommend him - ex Audi technician apparently.

Jools

Hi Guys,

I am about to commit to a company called Hazzydays on doing some work on my brandnew A3.
The person i am speaking to is Gareth of
http://www.vwcruise.com/ or Hazzydays limited?

Is there anyone who had work done to their car and can offer a review?

I am concerned about my warranty if work is carried out by Gareth.

If you had work done can you tell me the quality of the workmanship?

i am having a few things done like retro fit cruise control and footwell lighting.

high recom...them know what they doing...I was looking for anyone fit satnav to my audi a4 b6 con...working perfectttttttt...thx

They fitted a FBMFSW, RNS-E and Bluetooth to my A3 earlier this year. I supplied the wheel and nav, and they supplied other parts needed to fit, and did the work.

They weren't cheap, but were incredibly helpful before hand, and did a great job, and come highly recommended from me, I couldn't fault any aspect of their service.

I cannot vouch for hazzydays, I presume they have insurance or some form of warrenty for the work they do. I doubt if Audi would cover it though on a new car.

Just for a comparision, I fitted the footwell lighting, the door puddle lights and warning lights, RNS-E and cruise myself with help from people on this forum to my 58 plate A3.

For example cruise cost me no more than the £48 for the stalk and £20 for the bottom coweling. Audi wanted £300. Two hour job for me.

RobinA3 did the wring loom for the door lights and footwell lights for £35, other parts were no more than £20. Search my user name to see the postings. I don't see there being a problem with running wires to the back of the car. If you check under the seat there should be the cut outs there all ready.

You can get allot done with the help of other fellow forum users, thats what its all about. No guarentees but if people do things to their own cars I'm sure its fairly safe. Worked for me.

If you want any help just ask!

(you will need VDS to code the car though!)

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
Yep - went to have my rns-e coded with Hazzy's today. Didn't get the pleasure of working with Gareth in person but with one of his technicians Andrew. Went and visited them in Hemel Hempstead. As someone said above, very professional service. Would use again. <<- almost sounds like an ebay feedback!!

Had a few jobs done with Hazzy Dayz can not fault them, fitted my multi function fbsw but took the old one in part x as it was new & only charged £300.
Highly recomend

I had my RNSe and cruise control fitted by HazzyDayz and can not fault their work and how professional it is!

I recommend them!