1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way to get a 50/50 lock on the wheels without a haldex controller?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Chlippo, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

I would like to have some more lock on those quattros...i dont like how the car delivers the power...its like 2wd until the wheels spins then the haldex kicks in and the car feels a 4wd for about a couple of seconds. And it takes the haldex around 1 second or so before it kicks in.
    Anyways i might be wrong about that, but i would like to have a 40/50 or 50/50 lock without paying 950$ for a blue controller upgrade.
    PS:I think the blue haldex controller upgrade does a 40/50 locking, and there was an orange colored one that did 50/50 all the time,

we can make the car 2wd by removing the fuse, but can we make it 4wd somehow?
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

The blue Haldex controller gives 50/50 on half throttle or above, there is no orange version available for the 8L S3 which keeps the haldex engaged under breaking. MTM sell a Haldex switch that keeps the haldex engaged permanently, but I don't know how that works, and it costs £750+vat, so a Haldex Performance controller is the best choice for what you are after, in my opinion.
  3. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D Cylinder Head Master

Nothing wrong with the Performance haldex controller

The Orange one is for the new shape S3 the blue is for 8L
  4. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

i was reading about the orange one on a vw forum...ill check if i can find that thread again and post it here
  5. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

Another way is to have a mechanical controller, I don't know if anyone has used this but by the sound of it, it could work.
    SQS Racing | Haldex Regulator
  6. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

as for the orange controller...i think it existed for a couple of years, just type haldex orange controller on google and many info pops out.
    aparently it is also called haldex competition controller??