Any way of telling if your car has been remapped?

C

colicabcadam

My S3 seems a lot quicker than my mates cvic type r, in every video on yourtube, the civic is quicker once it gets going....

How long should this car take to go from 60-100mph in 6th gear? i suppose i could compare the times to someone with a standard car.

My S3 seems a lot quicker than my mates cvic type r, in every video on yourtube, the civic is quicker once it gets going....

How long should this car take to go from 60-100mph in 6th gear? i suppose i could compare the times to someone with a standard car.

Easiest way to tell is using VAG COM to log data - have you got VAG COM?

Civic wont be far away from a mapped S3....you most likely wont be a lot quicker mind unless your running a big turbo.....

my assumption is that your mate cant drive his type R like most type R owners cant seem to..... i have played with a few and when driven correctly they will only be 2 or 3 car lengths behind the S3 in most situations

Easiest way to tell is using VAG COM to log data - have you got VAG COM?

Sadly i don't, is it easy to setup, do i need software? what cable would i need to connect to a s3 2001 bam?

Civic wont be far away from a mapped S3....you most likely wont be a lot quicker mind unless your running a big turbo.....

my assumption is that your mate cant drive his type R like most type R owners cant seem to..... i have played with a few and when driven correctly they will only be 2 or 3 car lengths behind the S3 in most situations

i drove his car full throttle, only changing the gear once it went into the red, my s3 is defo quicker, even he admits it, which is what makes me think it's remapped

thanks

If you know anyone willing to let you have a drive of their mapped S3 you'd know for definite if yours is mapped or not. That's how i found out:)

My mate raced a civic type r in his Saab 93 aero and the
Noice from the civics engine sounded like it was gonna
Blow up!!!