1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any vets on the Forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by necroeire, Mar 10, 2006.

1. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

Sick dog, going to vet tomorrow but some advice would be nice. PM if anyone can help.
  2. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

My Grandpa was a vet, was the chief of Agriculture for Scotland. Manly worked with farms and stuff but did all the usual home pet stuff to.

So he knows a thing or two i could call and ask him if need be.

He doesnt do homers though!! ha.
  3. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

No panic mate, I'll take the pooch to the vets in the morning. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some info so I could comfort the mrs a little. Think the dog has eaten some poison or something, she is very sick since yesterday. Might even take her later so I'll see how she is when I get home. The mrs is there with her anyhow so no mad panic.

By the way here's a pic of her.
    [​IMG]
  4. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

luverly dog my friend.... I do hope she's / he's ok...
  5. madvw

madvw Active Member

I'm no vet, but i do know that if an animal cannot keep water down, then you should take it to the vet if it hasn't had a drink for over half a day. They become dehydrated much quicker than us.

Also (and i know this is never possible) take a sample/bottle of whatever the poison was.
  6. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

Cheers guys, I'll be taking her tonight if she doesn't improve but last time she ate a 5" stick and it came back up whole. Even the vet couldn't find anything then so I'm suspecting her backfire is due to some stones or a lot of grass. When I mentioned poison I meant something like some plastic or concrete, becuase she is chewing everything as she is teething.

Here is another picture of her after she went swimming in the mud when it pi$$ed rain the other day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

If you think she has swallowed something you really do need to get her to the vets ASAP so that they can decide what action needs to be taken
  8. Anito

Anito Member

[ QUOTE ]
    No panic mate, I'll take the pooch to the vets in the morning. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some info so I could comfort the mrs a little. Think the dog has eaten some poison or something, she is very sick since yesterday. Might even take her later so I'll see how she is when I get home. The mrs is there with her anyhow so no mad panic.

By the way here's a pic of her.
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Pup, how did you get on?
  9. Anito

Anito Member

The Wife went to Crufts yesterday, 400 Dobermans. She was a happy girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  10. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

Well got on good apart from the vet looking like Santa and frightening the $hit out of the dog. He thinks she may have some gasterics problems so she is on some special fluid to stop he overactive tummy. Also got her ears cleaned as they were a little waxy. Shame I couldn't use any Audiclean.
    So I'll give her fluid today and tomorrow ans then tomorrow clean her ears again and next Saturday she will take a worm dose and the week after it's back to the vet for another booster.
    All thet for €45 when to see a doctor for 2 min is €60.
  11. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

Glad to hear dog is ok mate ,
    and yip its a expensive thing having pets! but thoses vets need to pay for there RS6's somehow lol
  12. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Excellant news, fingers crossed she makes a speady recovery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  13. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

Cheers guys thanks for your support. She is fine again today just back from walking in the woods and she even went for a swim in the stream. Happy dog again.