Any thoughts about Autoglym?

rasapx

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm wondering how Autoglym products work for you if anyone uses it. I used Turtle Wax products recently, as I was quite on a budget, (but car is life, car is love :relaxed:) but I didn't like them much.
Previously I used the leather cleaner, leather care balm and clay kit from Autoglym, and it seemed quite good so I'm thinking to buy car care products, from them.

Fortunately the overall the paint condition is fine, apart from some lovemarks but they are barely visible and some stonechips from the motorway use ( Repaint of the front bumper and hood is coming soon).

In a nutshell, on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is useless, and 10 is awesome, what do you think about Autoglym product? Or do you have any other suggestion?

Not bad for cheapish stuff, some products are quite good (fast glass), but for same or a bit more money you can get better stuff

Other brands such as Dodo Juice, Auto Finesse, Valet Pro, Menzerna

Really depends on what products you want for which brands can be recommended

A pro detailer recently described things like Autoglym and Meguiars to me as products for "weekend warriors who nip down to halfords at the weekend" :D

It's fine. Many detailing enthusiasts will spend hundreds on various potions containing wax from the rare trees that only grow on the southern slopes of the Himalayas

Reactions: batch, Neil_M, Rob_F and 1 other person
Well, I'm definitely not a pro detailer or even a detailer, and actually just started getting into proper car cleaning, because here in Hungary, especially where I live, I couldn't find a single detailer anywhere near.
To be honest, not even a proper car wash, where they use the 2 bucket method, or just don't use that rubber water blade stuff. So I decided that I'll open my personal detailing(ish) service. :D

There's a lot to learn, first of all, to find which products should I use, but I don't want to go anything crazy.
Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll look up the ones you mentioned.

No worries

The ones I mentioned are some of the cheap yet good options available (compared to some like Swissvax which are considerably more expensive)

Hope it all goes well for you :)

Best of luck with the new enterprise. Ensure you use lots of special friction-lowering, car body conditioning fluid (aka water) :chuncky:

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. :)

Ensure you use lots of special friction-lowering, car body conditioning fluid (aka water) :chuncky:

Woah, is it some sort of new product on the market? I googled it, seems promising. :smiley:

Reactions: azibux1
Nah not a big fan.

Tend to reach for CarChem, KKD and Dooka. Cheaper for the most part and work reall well.

Reactions: azibux1
Hello All,

I'm wondering how Autoglym products work for you if anyone uses it. I used Turtle Wax products recently, as I was quite on a budget, (but car is life, car is love :relaxed:) but I didn't like them much.
Previously I used the leather cleaner, leather care balm and clay kit from Autoglym, and it seemed quite good so I'm thinking to buy car care products, from them.

Fortunately the overall the paint condition is fine, apart from some lovemarks but they are barely visible and some stonechips from the motorway use ( Repaint of the front bumper and hood is coming soon).

In a nutshell, on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is useless, and 10 is awesome, what do you think about Autoglym product? Or do you have any other suggestion?
@rasapx - Personally I'm not a fan of Autoglym products. There is a lot better kit out there for similar money IMHO

If you are brave, you could always have a look on here -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/

Reactions: Scottyg
I am not a huge fan of the majority of their stuff, srp I think is average - chalky and not especially easy to use, but also I think many other companies have moved on with their offerings and improved or brought out new products. However I do use their de tar, their exterior trim gel and their interior trim cleaner. I have used their leather cleaner and feed however gliptone is a hell of a lit better IMO.
Ultimately we all have our likes, I use polishes from menzerna and autobrite personally, I find them easy to use with good results, wax I use harly wax which I think is outstanding, typically my sealant is finishkare or sonax.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Always use the shampoo and conditioner as good suds, good finish and value.

Tar remover good for big spots but wash off quickly.

I use blackfire polish and menzerna compounds, my dad loves Autoglym for his Civic.

I use a wide range of Autoglym products with very good results . But there are so many brands available , I would start using a selection of products & see how you get on

Reactions: Alaistair
I use only Autoglym products and I love it, does what I want it to do, granted there will be a lot better products, but there will also be a lot of too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
It's okay, used their range for a long time partly because I used to get loads for free! I'm now a carpro convert and mainly use their products, it may appear that more expensive products are more expensive but I've found on the whole they go a lot further as well!

Have a look on slims, prices are good and you can search by product or by brand

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your advices. As I see not many of you are keen on Autoglym products.
I think it'll be the best to try losirob's method and try different products and see how they go.
I looked around on Polishedbliss and Slims, and decided to order some Auto Finesse and Mezerna for a start and then we'll see.

Reactions: batch and azibux1
I've still got plenty of autoglym stock in my garage, and it occasionally gets a look in, used to really like their high gloss when I had a black car

Reactions: batch
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your advices. As I see not many of you are keen on Autoglym products.
I think it'll be the best to try losirob's method and try different products and see how they go.
I looked around on Polishedbliss and Slims, and decided to order some Auto Finesse and Mezerna for a start and then we'll see.
Love menzerna, hopefully you will to

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Many choice is from experience so as you use them and work them you will find what works and you will try different products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually very good stuff, you can also get it very cheaply with special offers.

However it's not just a fashionable brand / boutique range of products.

SRP, EGP and a good wax like Collinite is a great combination, well priced and easy to use.

I was never a fan of SRP, i always found my wax never seemed to last long, someone that knows far more about these things than i do said it's something to do with the high amount of silicone fillers in SRP that prevents the wax from sticking to the paintwork properly. Since i changed to meguairs and chemical brothers polishes a couple coats of wax will last me months

Reactions: Neil_M
I was never a fan of SRP, i always found my wax never seemed to last long, someone that knows far more about these things than i do said it's something to do with the high amount of silicone fillers in SRP that prevents the wax from sticking to the paintwork properly. Since i changed to meguairs and chemical brothers polishes a couple coats of wax will last me months

It's really a case of finding a combination that works. Like many products not just AutoGlym.

SRP was infamously used way too thickly. Hence the newer formula being much much thinner. Less is more.

But you have something that works for you, go with it :).

It's fine. Many detailing enthusiasts will spend hundreds on various potions containing wax from the rare trees that only grow on the southern slopes of the Himalayas
.....Very true. I'm not a brand snob & use some of the cheaper brands & more expensive ones ,both work well. Cheaper brands won't last as long on the protection side but when you consider value for money it's a no brainer.

very true, i've been using armour all wax/sealant on the wife's car and it performs very well

not for the audi though :)

Reactions: RS3 S.
Autoglym products are good value for money. But be wary of the SRP as it's polish consequently abrasive although quite mild.

SRP is full of filler and does nothing to remove swirls marring etc from your car. The new formula is better, less chalky but it's not a great product.
Can't remember who mentioned it above but it's CarPro for me at the moment. Love their Reload. Brilliant sealant and even tougher when used with Cquartz UK. As long as your paint has been corrected and is wiped down, you won't needed any other paintwork product apart from the two above. I still like AG Vinyl and Rubber Care, but use it as a Tyre Dressing. Put on with a paint brush and tyres come up very well and it lasts.
However, it's a very subjective world, Detailing. Go with whatever you feel works best for you!