1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any S4 owners about?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by IceHanger, May 30, 2013.

1. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

See economical..... (The tc light is now sorted btw)

[​IMG]

sammi likes this.
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Your cheating there cos your DIS is on live mpg and not average! :p

4. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Cheers Sammi. In an ideal world I would do exactly that, but I'm in no position financially or time wise to do it. I couldn't afford to buy an S4, then find the time to transfer all the parts if want to keep on to it, then find the money to get standard parts to put my car pack to standard form, unfortunately :(

5. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

i was just about to say the exact same thing
    put it on elapsed or journey and see what it says then

the s4,s dis have two mpg figures one is instantaneous no 1 the other is for completee journey or elapsed no2

6. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Same as mine, or any A4 that has a full DIS.

7. sammi

sammi Active Member

Trust my lovely husband, I always say he's clever but has no common sense! :think:

I took this picture in the winter whilst driving the car b4 it was re mapped as I was amazed that I was getting hi mpg around town still even though the outside temperature was below freezing!

[​IMG]

#46 sammi, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  8. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Sorry mate missed your post. Thanks very much for the comments! If you love my wheels they are currently for sale in the classifieds under Audi parts ;) the RS4 interior is one of my favourite purchases, it definitely gives the interior an awesome look, especially now with the FBMFSW and A1 Quattro gearknob. Trust me if I had the money spare to source the right S4, then transfer all the trick bits on to it and the sell this on as a standard car then I would, but I haven't got that sort of money up front unfortunately.

Sammi - That's bloody good going that mpg figure, especially with the outside temp being so low.

sammi likes this.
  9. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person.
    VCDS Map User

Oh no. S4 talk. I've been looking at B7 S4 for few weeks now but it's hard to switch from diesel to V8 :( I don't drive much now except for a journey to Sheffield once a week. Problem is that I cant drive economically and probably wouldn't see anything over 15mpg average...

10. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member
    Team Panther Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

Settings 1 and 2 are for current journey (reset if not driven for 2 hrs) and total since last reset. The circle with the line through it is the symbol for average so this is the average MPG. Depending if its in setting 1 or 2 depends if its for the current journey or total average since reset. 1 and 2 can be selected buy the button under the stalk, to reset total press an hold that button. Some that haven't been reset actually have totals for the life of the vehicle.

11. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

sammi really wants your wheels

12. sammi

sammi Active Member

But the moneys been spent on a new mac book !!! :(

13. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Sammi - That's a shame, I know what I would rather of spent the money on! :p

GeoffDunk - Just realised by your sig that your S4 colour combo and spec is my ideal S4!

14. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member
    VCDS Map User

lol what have I started...everyones looking at S4's!
    that's a sweet looking B5, still have a picture at my mums of one in Merlin Purple I wanted when they came out.

Well went and had a look at a Black B6 Sunday, LPG conversion and all the kit, Nice car and interior was in first class condition, didn't go any further with it as the column squeaked going lock to lock and a nasty vibration that increased with road speed which I suspect was an old of balanced prop maybe and a 4 year gap on the service history make me cringe....the hunt continues

15. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Cheers nath:racer:

16. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Bought one!!!! Just got back, ears still ringing with a v8 burble from a 150 mile trip back with the windows down :)))) will post some pics up tomorrow once it's cleaned lol

17. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Spill the spec and photos mate! Glad to hear you got one :)

18. elhashbrown

elhashbrown New Member

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for mine to come from the body shop. Having to be very patient. I did get a 5 minute drive befre I sent it in but that just wet my appetite.

19. Chris-Vspec

Chris-Vspec Member

Where are these pics then??

20. sammi

sammi Active Member

Excellent news, are you pleased? Looking forward to seeing pictures! :0)

21. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member
    VCDS Map User

s4_1.jpg S4_2.jpg s4v8.jpg IMG_0266[1].jpg

Absolutely loving it, had a nice 150mile drive back through the Cotswolds :) and a bit of fun with teh Misses in the S3

It's a 2004, 73,000 miles, ful Adi service history, teh last guy had it for 4 years and anything that needed doing it had, was serviced and MOT 2 weeks ago as well as 4 brand new (half decent!!) Tyers. Aux radiators replaced 2 years ago, a few marks on it and some minor interior marksand every wheel has been slighly curbed but come winter time i'll swap the wheels over and get these refurbed.

Spec, Cruise, auto lights/wipers, dimming mirrors, folding mirrors, Heated full leather, 6 disk changer in the glove box, Armrest, It doesn't have the bose speakers or RNSE but going to be changing that anyway so that wasn't a sticking point for me.
    Bad points, seems to be a fault on the temperature sender according to VCDS but sure thats nothing major, some scratches on the bodywork as well as the wheels.
    All in all very pleased and got it for a good price......oh and surpires at teh fuel consumption, better than a thought, it can poodle round town all day in sixth no problem :)

22. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  23. sammi

sammi Active Member

i love red cars! some nice extras too, as for no RNSE.... its a nice standard extra and we have it in our s4 but i have to say although a tough one i prefer our alpine head unit in our a4! Pics of it parked with your s3 look cool too ! i think the fuel consumption on them are good... as long as you dont drive like a bat out of hell all the time hay!

Really pleased your "loving it" , thanks for posting pics! ;0)

24. Az

Az Hard slammed!

I can't see the pics :( and I'm guessing by Sammi saying its red its Misano red? Which is what my old 8L S3 was (special order paint for that so not sure if it was for an S4?) either way, I love that colour!

25. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

enjoy it
    missano red was a standard colour for the s4
    mine has just over 70,000 on it now bought it from audi edinburgh and serviced and done everything on it myself
    i keep a massive file of paperwork for everything i do and buy for the car , a little more comprehensive than a regular service history
    even now after 7 years i still havnt any plans to sell the car

26. lincoln_dj

lincoln_dj Active Member
    VCDS Map User

I've always been anti-auto, but after having my B6 S4 for over a year now I often wish I had the tip-tronic. Planning on next car being a C6 RS6 so will be going auto anyway! :)

defo agree on clutch being a weak point. Mine's done 59k miles and clutch can't take full-bore launches!

All mine's needed so far is oil level sensor and alternator belt - happy with that...

27. lincoln_dj

lincoln_dj Active Member
    VCDS Map User

THIS!! lol. I could get 30-34mpg, but then I didn't buy a V8 to drive round at 60mph on motorways! I find my fuel consumption is pretty much traffic dependent, away from rush-hour i'd say I get between 20-22mpg round town, high 20s at best late evening, and rush-hour round town I'm happy with 15mpg. In seriously bad traffic It's been down to 3 or 4mpg. Doesn't bother me as I only do 5-6k per year. Plus even a 1.0 litre nissan micra would get appalling mpg sat in traffic not moving - that's the only reason hybrids get such good mpg, because they shut off when not moving!

besides, we all gotta have a hobby. I know plenty of people that spend more than the £200-250 a month I spend on fuel on other wastes-of-money such as over-priced clothes/trainers, beer, gadgets, etc. Whenever I feel sad about how expensive the car is to run I just go for a spin and all is forgiven... :D

GeoffDunk likes this.
  28. Az

Az Hard slammed!

I like your style, when your depressed about how much money your burning on fuel you just think 'f¥ck it, I'll throw some more money into it and waste that which should make me feel better about it' lol

29. lincoln_dj

lincoln_dj Active Member
    VCDS Map User

sounds odd when you put it like that but sod it, can't take it with ya!!