1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any preference ?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by AudiB7Jay, Jan 11, 2013.

1. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Member

Hey all, so I'm back from an army exercise in Switzerland tomorrow (15 hr drive in a land rover defender, treat myself), and I had a thought another 200 miles I'm going to change out the oil and all filters on my audi.

1: what oil should I use? Been winter I'm probably looking at 10w 20/10? Or should I look at thicker? Brands?
    2: should I use gen filters or performance ones? K&N oil filter etc?
    3: how often should the pollen filter be changed and where is it?

Note: my cars on 88k I got it at 83k (had it remapped last month). I know 5k isn't a lot but I look after my car n don't fancy waiting until 103k service interval at audi under warranty (years cover with 4 free full services).

Its more peace of mind for my sake tbh, OCD with my 1st car that's all I can say xD especially since it wasn't sponsored by mummy n daddy xD

info is appreciated :)

2. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Member

Also is there a rear valance for the sline that has no cut out for exhaust tips? I've had kinda a brain storm for my custom exhaust I'm getting going for the golf r34 look twin centred?

3. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you dont wana do that to the exhaust come on its an audi
    just use the long life oil and pollen i change every year

4. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Member

im not going to split them like the golf as there like 30cm apart I'm talking 1 -2 cm apart centred, seen it on an s5 it looks very clean :)

any brand oil advised? also where is the pollen filter?I bet it's not been changed since the car was built tbh. They usually get overlooked.

Can I get any upgrade air filter or is this going to throw up a DIS error? I was thinking K&N panel filter?

Attached Files:

5. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

try not to use k&n the maf dont like the oil in them no dis error
    i use audi longlife oil i have a pal at TPS so cheap for me
    and still the center is not to my likeing
    not to say you shouldnt do it if you like it just not for me

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

+1 steer clear of the K&N oil versions as Bez says the maf gets coated, not worth it for tbh imho not really noticeable gain.

7. audilad9

audilad9 Member

I've run a K&N 57i induction kit for over 30k miles, I like to think the engine breathes a little better with it. No problems with MAF at all, its still bone dry and clean in there :)

8. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Member

rodger that, shall stay stock if that's the case, not worth the hassle with the maf.

9. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member

Yeah, my MAP sensor keeps throwing up codes which i assume is the K&N panel filter. Gonna get it cleaned and swap the filter out for a BMC one.