any one out there into bikes

kris,
is that a modded r1 back seat pan youve got on there, nice neat bit of kit you have there mate.

R1s For Me 3 of em !

My road bike Brand new and as yet unused. Its the outgoing 08 model I had it from George Whites With Micron slash cut GP Style cans a tail tidy and a powerbronze screen At a very good price !!!

subaru088.jpg

My Trackbike Its a very heavily modified 99 model with a full race spec motor Making 190 BHP at the wheel !

Picture017.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture022.jpg

My original Totaly standard 99 In Red and White ..................

sprocket003.jpg

sprocket002.jpg

i am sure i read somewhere that the newer r1s where tamed in comparision to the original beast is this true?? i was just a kid when the original beast was unveiled and remember it causing quite a stir, and responsible for a lot of accidents if i remember correctly, i am still toying with the idea of a R1 cant make my mind up i love the r6 ive had it 2 years now and feel really comfortable with it now, and i love the fact u gotta rev the tits of it, above 9000-10000rpm its awsome,and the noise, ive got a twin laser GP style pipe on it, i dare say the R1 will be awsome and pull much lower my dads mate has one he had a custom paint job on it a cross between your new one and the original style, hes thinking about gettin a bmw (must be old age!!) he say i can borrow the r1 for a day see if i like it, i might have to take the offer up!

Andy Ive had many R1s of all years. The original (I had one on the 16th feb 99) was a real milestone machine Easily out powering and simpl outhandling all of the other litre class Since the its been evolvement rather than big steps forward !! Ive not yet ridden My 08 one ! The 99 was Awesome ! If I had to pick s favourite it would be the 02 fuel injected Not the fastest litre bike but as an allround useable bike it was fantastic
Here is a pic of My 02

222222.jpg

And an old 2000 model I went Carbon crazy on this one

garden007.jpg

My brothers into his bikes.

5.jpg

I came off a mini moto at 20mph, chipped my knee bone, took the skin of my right forearm and almost put the peg through my left inner thigh. I have no wish to die so I wont go on a proper bike.

couple of mine, not the best pics ill get some decent ones when the weathers better

i agree with the veiws about the 2002-2004 model R1, totally great bike, not the fastest thing on two wheels but very user friendly, sadly one of mine didnt like me much.
ended up in a small wooded area, i broke 3 lower vertabre ( excuse spelling )
4 ribs, a punctured lung, broken sternum, split abdomen and a year off work!!!!
didnt put me off though, still love them as much as ever.
( its just the wife that hates them )

bikepics-481530-full.jpg

Ouch!
a workmate went over a car bonnet after it pulled out on him when he was riding hi bike.....he found a wiper protruding from his shin when he woke up.

****** hell !!
ive lost a couple of mates, not good but it doesnt stop us getting back on them does it.
whats your voor, a 600 or the 750.

Looking to buy my first bike soon :happy:

Aprilia RS125, just want it as a weekend toy.

Have a full license for a few good years now, but never really spent enough time on any bike. Maybe a quick wizz here and there on a borrowed bike in deserted/private areas, but never in traffic.

you may tire of the 125 quickly, although these are fun, i just rode on at the weekend my girl friends brother just bought one as he only has a cbt, but its still restricted at the minute, personally my first bike was the older r6, easy to ride great as my first bike, i thought about a smaller bike but really glad i went with, but i ride motocross and was used to bikes, just depends on what you are comfortable with and what experience you have, i found bigger bikes easier and more stable to ride. Why not try say a 400cc bike like a baby blade or somethin or even a less powerful 600cc machine, just take it easy for a bit before you know you will pick it up and be glad you went with a bigger machine.
what do you guys think??
what bikes did you lot start with??

totally agree with S3-Andy, i started with an early R6 and never regreted it as everyone fo my mates that started off with smaller one mainly 400's regreted it and didnt own the very long and all upgraded to 600's straight away.
remember that they only do what you make them do, just take it easy whilst your confidence grows and dont get led on by other riders (easier said than done i know) but thats how you get in a mess.

was going to say exactly that, it will only go as fast as u make it go, just dont get over confident too soon, i learnt by riding with experienced riders was really useful tagging along following watching their lines and road positioning, as long as our sensible about it, dont push yourself to keep up with people, and take it at your own pace, u wont regret it.

I started with this, on Saturday :lmfao:

Hey it's got 2 wheels, what else do ya want :yes:

Time to "pimp your ride". All the better if you could get your dog in there.
875756800_6d8335d021.jpg

S3-andy & 1wheelonly,

I suck at the self restrain department, and really love the weight & zippy-ness of the RS125. Suppose I'll get a 600 in the future. Fwiw, just today we heard of a family friend with back problems (lumbar related issues), and was diagnosed to be due to an accident he had previously. Now there's a splash reality to the dream.

Parents/family wont be too happy when I announce my intentions :(

Nice bit of work that is, I'd have it as an ornament to look at! Sidecar is a good way of combining the weather protection of a motorbike with the manoevrability of a car :lmfao:

If this shithouse goverment gets its way with 50 mph proposal I'll be getting one of those.:thumbsup:

I can't see it happening myself...if it does I'll be amazed at the idiocy of it all. Over here there are many factions desperately trying to get the limit-free autobahns scrapped because it'll save the world (yeh right, these are the same ******* that fly everywhere in aeroplanes telling everyone how green they are, ******* hypocrites) but the car manufacturers have a lot of pull so I don't think it'll happen for a long time :happy:

If the shithouse goverment does get it's way over there then all you need indeed is a 50cc scooter with a couple of mods and there you go, 50 mph.

I consider myself proud to be British but quite glad I don't live there anymore, it's governed and policed by idiots.

R1s For Me 3 of em !

My road bike Brand new and as yet unused. Its the outgoing 08 model I had it from George Whites With Micron slash cut GP Style cans a tail tidy and a powerbronze screen At a very good price !!!

subaru088.jpg

I was in George Whites (Shoreditch) yesterday and they've got 5 new '08's sitting in there. My mate and I were wondering what sort of deal you could get. Care to enlighten us .... or me via PM :sly:

Why not ask the salesman yourself the bikes are there to be sold.If you are interested they will do a deal.In 2005 I bought a GSXR 1000 K4 off them and saved £1000 compared to local dealer as it was a 2004 model.
Mind you may not get as big a discount now as alot of europeans are buying bikes from UK dealers as the pound has tanked against the euro.

well lads managed to get this years first day of decent riding in, fair bit mud on some roads, managed to rack up a couple hundred miles, exelent day,may there be many more, hope the weather is an improvement on last summer!!

well lads managed to get this years first day of decent riding in, fair bit mud on some roads, managed to rack up a couple hundred miles, exelent day,may there be many more, hope the weather is an improvement on last summer!!

I was out today on the back of my friends GSXR 750 K7, all i can say is wow!!, what a machine,First time i have ever been on anything like that bar a couple 125cc about 4 years ago, , im booking my test for May, today has definately made my mind up, can not wait!!

I will be picking up my new toy on friday 27th, guaranteed to be raining but I'll still have a smile on my face.:sm4:

Hi, i have a question to all you experinced riders,

if choosing your first bike i am after a 600 nothing more, i have been told it would be a good bike to start with, what would be people preverchoice out of the two im looking at R6 and Gsxr 600, for a new inexperinced rider, and the reasons for and against? i have seen these i like, but not to sure if i should start with a cheaper bike? like the older models of the 2

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/895555.htm r6 and ,http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/920386.htm Gsxr600,

Cheers Oski

If I were you I would go for something like a honda hornet 600 or a yamaha 600 fazer which are both pretty quick machines 145 ish top end, 0-60 around 4 seconds and more controlable as they are sit up and beg machines.

The R6 and Gixer are full on flying machines are are only marginaly slower to 160mph than the litre + bikes.And in my opinion are not really suitable for someone just passing their test.
If you insist on getting one of the above don't go mad on them until you have the capability and confidence to ride them safely.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

If I were you I would go for something like a honda hornet 600 or a yamaha 600 fazer which are both pretty quick machines 145 ish top end, 0-60 around 4 seconds and more controlable as they are sit up and beg machines.

The R6 and Gixer are full on flying machines are are only marginaly slower to 160mph than the litre + bikes.And in my opinion are not really suitable for someone just passing their test.
If you insist on getting one of the above don't go mad on them until you have the capability and confidence to ride them safely.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for the reply will take it all in, and will check out the bikes recomended, thanks Oski
Ps what does sit up and beg mean?

TOTALLY second everything motorbikez has said, get some miles under your belt first,these two you have posted up are no toys to be messed with, very full on machines and would easily run with most things on the road.
im a big yamaha fan although running a gixer at the moment but sadly that model r6 doesnt do it for me and wasnt a big enough step from the previous model.
if your insisting on having this sort of bike straight away then the gixer 600 you have posted is by far the winner and would be my first choice every time.
good luck what ever you get mate.

sit up and beg means exactly what it says, which also means when you get home after a ride you can still move rather than a bad back, knees, neck etc etc...
part of the fun though.

Thanks mate for the input, i was going to do my test this year but have been putting it off due to time etc, but now im dead set, i just love the look at of that gsxr and r6 in the colours and could poss strech to that for my budget but also undersatnd that i have to start off from scratch as i have no riding experience apart, i know a couple lads who started off on 400 and a couple who started on 600 with no riding experince, so will be getting something along those lines, cheers Oski

i would defo start on a 600 as anything less seems to be not quiet enough after a very short time.
have you considered a cheeper option and go for an older model r6 (if your stuck on the sport bike option), save a few quid and buy good gear ie good leathers, helmet, boots etc. not saying that you would but some people tend to blow most of there budget on there new toy then skimp on the important stuff like good protective gear.
allow for insurance on a more up to date bike as it can sting a bit ( new rider on latest fast toy )
going for something like an older r6 would still be a great bike that would keep up with your mates ( after your experience and balls grow ) hold good value, parts readily available ( if or when you take a tumble )
easily moded, easily sold on once your ready to step it up a notch.
plus the older ones are carbs which means alot more tinkering can be done yourself,along with suspension settings, gearing etc all giving you a better understanding of your machine.
worth considering.
im sure most on here have all experienced an earlier r6 and would all say what a great piece of kit they are for the money.

i would defo start on a 600 as anything less seems to be not quiet enough after a very short time.
have you considered a cheeper option and go for an older model r6 (if your stuck on the sport bike option), save a few quid and buy good gear ie good leathers, helmet, boots etc. not saying that you would but some people tend to blow most of there budget on there new toy then skimp on the important stuff like good protective gear.
allow for insurance on a more up to date bike as it can sting a bit ( new rider on latest fast toy )
going for something like an older r6 would still be a great bike that would keep up with your mates ( after your experience and balls grow ) hold good value, parts readily available ( if or when you take a tumble )
easily moded, easily sold on once your ready to step it up a notch.
plus the older ones are carbs which means alot more tinkering can be done yourself,along with suspension settings, gearing etc all giving you a better understanding of your machine.
worth considering.
im sure most on here have all experienced an earlier r6 and would all say what a great piece of kit they are for the money.

Thanks alot for the info makes sense, i have considered the early r6, and can be had half the price of the bikes i posted and like you safety gear is not to be over looked, thanks again

Thanks for the reply will take it all in, and will check out the bikes recomended, thanks Oski
Ps what does sit up and beg mean?

Bikes that have no fairing or just a nose fairing, they have higher bars and as a result you sit naturally straighter and are alot more comfortable especially in town or mainly urban riding.

Bikes that have no fairing or just a nose fairing, they have higher bars and as a result you sit naturally straighter and are alot more comfortable especially in town or mainly urban riding.

Yeah, but not much fun at motorway speeds. I previously had an ER-5 which was really hard work on the motorway. I can do a full tank on my Ace (~150miles) without stopping and still feel OK when I get off, rather than having to lie down for a while after 50 miles on the ER-5!!

Cheers,

my first bike was the original R6 and would recomend it any day cracking bike in its day, dont get me wrong it still is, it just technology is getting better and better on these bikes, if you were to go for an older bike i would highly recomend the R6 in my opinion its the best of the bunch considering looks, performance and build quality, very forgiving and easy to ride, between the 2 newer bikes u chose the i would choose the gixer, i am a massive yam fan to and currently ride a new style R6 which is awsome, love it but in my opinion needs to be ridden hard and a experienced rider to extract the best from it,
good luck with what ever u go for, get one bought soon before weather starts warming up pushing prices up.

Heres a few pics of my new toy and mates busa oh and a photo of a hornet for S3 Oski from devils bridge.
P1310001.jpg

BMW K1300S
P1310007.jpg

Busa and K1300S
P1310011.jpg

hornet
P1310016.jpg

P1310012.jpg