any one have a template

simon.m

Reaction score
as above is there a template for the hole to be cut out for the arm rest that can be printed off

I'm not aware of a print out one, but this is what people normally use:

Centre%20Armrest%20Cut-out.jpg

just cut a little off at a time simon

yeah think if i fit it to mine i will do bit by bit lol i see it has a wire with a plug on it so im thinking it lights up but knowing audi not all will im sure will have to have a noes about me thinks

or if you can get console out then i bet on the inside of it you will see lines where to cut .. maybe get a small mirror you can hold in the ash try hole to see if lines are there to cut out ?????

or if you can get console out then i bet on the inside of it you will see lines where to cut .. maybe get a small mirror you can hold in the ash try hole to see if lines are there to cut out ?????

thats a good idea ;-)

yeah think if i fit it to mine i will do bit by bit lol i see it has a wire with a plug on it so im thinking it lights up but knowing audi not all will im sure will have to have a noes about me thinks

That wire is the ambient LED inside the armrest, it's right at the back inside the storage part of the armrest. Just take a feed from the cigarette lighter if there is no existing wire present.

That's what I'm going to do on mine as the armrest has the led fit, but the car doesn't have the wire. But, is that a centre console removal job? If so, it might be waiting a while :)

That's what I'm going to do on mine as the armrest has the led fit, but the car doesn't have the wire. But, is that a centre console removal job? If so, it might be waiting a while :)

Possibly, someone will come along to answer that question, mine already had them fitted as standard.

I am but not got the cash yet as im in the middle of rebuilding the engine.. do you have one then if so how much you looking for it

Quite the mega bump this, but i didn't want to open up a new thread when's theres plently out there already!

Got myself a armrest and i'm justtying to get it all marked out before the big cutting job. The above template says that the cutout is 64mm long.
Is this the length of the biggest section to cutout?

So it's height is 43mm (figure H) x 64mm?

Good shout as this was the case on my lower steering cowling when doing cruise retro fit.

I have the template. If anyone wants to pm their e-mail address, I'll forward it on.

No 'cut-out' guides on the underside of the plastic & and centre console is fine staying where it is. I cut out a hole I knew was too small, then filed to the correct size.

Template and instruction's received.

Thank's so much!

For anyone who is reading this, here is a link to all the things you need. Print the picture (no enlargement/reduction required), cut out the square and place it over the end of your centre console as shown in the picture. I have included the instructions, but they're in German, but the pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ou79o6lsfkz668h/6uk82_AfTs

(If the link doesn't work, please PM me as I don't subscribe to this thread)