1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Awesome GTI' started by vw754, Aug 25, 2009.

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

[Aug 25, 2009]
    I fitted 30mm lowering spring to my car and once fitted it dropped 23mm....the car is a SPORT model A3 TDI SPORTBACK.

Ive noticed a faint knock when coming on and off speed humps,ive replaced top mounts and knocking is still there and ive replace both anti-roll bar drop links........

could it be the anti-roll bar bushes? also ive heard that you have to replace the anti-roll bar as you cant buy the bushes is this true?
    This has only happened once cars been lowered.

A3 2.0 TDI SPORT ---SPORTBACK 5 DOOR----
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. AwesomeAl

AwesomeAl Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Aug 27, 2009]
    Hi there,

Chances are the springs may settle a little more if they have only been fitted recently. They may also not quite drop the car by 30mm with it being the Sport model to start with.

It could well be the Anti-roll bar bushes. As far as I am aware replacing these is not an issue and they can be bought. All it is, sometimes when the bushes go, It takes the plastic coating off the anti-roll bar and damages the plastic sleaves that hold the bush in position. So sometimes it is neccesary to replace the roll bar at the same time.

It's probably best to have a bit of diagnostics work done in to the knocking noise as there are one or two other things which could cause this as well.

Hope that helps,
    Taa, AL.
  4. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

[Aug 27, 2009]
    Thanks for the info.......springs have been fitted 3 months ago and il give the arb bushes a go.is it true that when cars lowered the anti-roll bar sits at a different angle? i was told this and was told thats why its best to replace bushes.........it definatly wasn't doing it before it was lowered.