Any idea how much....

kevlar

Reaction score
It would cost to replace the pads all way round on a 2.0 tdi still under warranty so thinking oem at audi (gulp!) if it affects warranty..also when will discs need doing?

Also when is the cam belt service due? i was told 50k and advised to get sorted earlier as it has been known to go, yet audi say 60k...

Your opinions would be good as im seriously looking at an a3 2.0 tdi sport in silver nice car except the pads and service which will affect price it has 42k miles....

Over to you , thanks!

When I was having some warranty work done in my dealers recently, I overheard a discussion between a customer and an engineer. The customer was purchasing brake pads, and asked the engineer if it would invalidate his warranty if he fitted the pads himself...

The engineer basically said that he didn't think it would. It would be hard to void your warranty on such a consumable item.

I always change my brake pads, Euro car parts or German and swedish want about 50% the price the stealers do and fitting them is pretty straight forward.

Rule of thumb is you can change your pads without the discs but don;t change discs without the pads.

J.

Thanks for the reply - any ideas on the servicing though?

Services alternate minor/major.

Minor is approx £200, major is approx £280
Brake fluid is due every 24 months @ approx £70

Not sure on cambelt, VW charged me/my company just over £600 for the mkiv golf I had.

Audi is due at 80k miles from memory.