1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good rates calling from Japan to UK?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AndyMac, Jul 31, 2009.

1. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have a G3 phone with work Vodaphone SIM and need to get a pay as you go sim for it as will be in Japan and will be calling the UK a lot. Anyone know what the best option is? with Vodaphone its about £1.60 a minute which is ludicrous.
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

When I was over in France earlier this week, I got a text once my phone had found a network to connect to. Said Roaming charges had been removed, and calls to UK would be charged at my local rate until 31st August, and I'm with Voda also. Obviously Japan is a bit further than France, but worth calling them up to see if the offer extends to that part of the world.
    Or you will just have to buy a phone card in Japan and make calls with landlines for the cheapest way.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Jo, looks like Japan don't do pay as you go, you have to have a contract but I spoke to Sky yesterday who supply my landline and the rates they charge for calling Japan are incredibly cheap, 7p a minute to a landline or 30p to a mobile, so I'll just send a text and get the family to call me back at the hotel. To call Jordan on the other hand is £114 per minute, I'm presuming that's Katie Price not the country!
  4. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

for £114 id want more than a chat lol
  5. Neilybabs

Neilybabs Guest

lol!
  6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

0898 505050 ;)
  7. recomdos

recomdos Member

Could you not sign up to Skype? That might save you a few bob if you both use it on pc's etc? Maybe your mobile could also handle it?