Any extras needed with a stage 1

Manny1980

Reaction score
Need a bit of advise please!
I've arranged a stage 1 remap from celtic tuning,for next week costing295
My cars a 140 a3 sline black edition, and in need of a bit of oomph,the guy I spoke to at celtic said he can get it up to 207 bhp,which sounds great,
And that will still be in the parameter of what the engine is capable of,I just don't wanna knacker my engine,is there any advice as to what could be done to my car in addition to this map, to help it withstand the extra bhp,or am I worrying about nothing,
Cheers lads
It's just had a new turbo on too!
Manny

Keep it below 190 and keep the engine and clutch safe.
Cheers for the advice Soot1, I'll do that,nothing else to consider then? He's adamant he can get over 200 out of it,says he's done loads of em,
Thanks for the reply

Cheers for the advice Soot1, I'll do that,nothing else to consider then? He's adamant he can get over 200 out of it,says he's done loads of em,
Thanks for the reply

He probably can but tell him you want your car last longer than a year before things start breaking.

Reactions: Manny1980
Its not bhp you should seek, you should look for better torque through the rev range, how well recommended are celtic tuning??? just be careful with mappers claiming stupidly high bhp figures as these are the ones that blow enginges, look to get mapped through proven mappers, revo shark amd, just looking at celtic tuning and they are quoting 50bhp increase on your engine that will bring it to 188bhp, maybe with miltek exhaust and induction kit, you might get to 207bhp.

Yeah there are dealers all around the country, you can check the website for dealer locator. but if you take part in the discount buy then the location will be decided later but most likely down south or slightly up north depending on location of all involved.

http://www.revotechnik.com

Its not bhp you should seek, you should look for better torque through the rev range, how well recommended are celtic tuning??? just be careful with mappers claiming stupidly high bhp figures as these are the ones that blow enginges, look to get mapped through proven mappers, revo shark amd, just looking at celtic tuning and they are quoting 50bhp increase on your engine that will bring it to 188bhp, maybe with miltek exhaust and induction kit, you might get to 207bhp.
Thanks for the advice,I might cancel this appointment and look into this a little more,I have heard that revo is the one to get to be honest,how much do revo do stage one for and how much is a mintex exhaust and induction kit?
Cheers!

Reactions: audismart
have a look on their site by selecting your model and engine type proably around £300+ but with the discount it will be cheaper of course

have a look on their site by selecting your model and engine type proably around £300+ but with the discount it will be cheaper of course
Yeah I'm going with revo,sounds like the safest bet,thanks for your input fella!
Appreciated

Reactions: SootySport
Thanks for the advice,I might cancel this appointment and look into this a little more,I have heard that revo is the one to get to be honest,how much do revo do stage one for and how much is a mintex exhaust and induction kit?
Cheers!
And your looking at £500/700 for exhaust and £200/300 for induction kit

If you are in Leeds it would not be far for you to go to Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport.I had my car done last week it is petrol but he does diesel also and he won't quote or claim silly figures but what you get is experience off Rick an he is very proffessional also.

And your looking at £500/700 for exhaust and £200/300 for induction kit
If you are in Leeds it would not be far for you to go to Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport.I had my car done last week it is petrol but he does diesel also and he won't quote or claim silly figures but what you get is experience off Rick an he is very proffessional also.
Cheers pal but think I'm gonna go revo,for peace of mind,bit of a travel like,but worth it by the sounds of it,nice one!

I've heard good things about Rick and unicorn. :salute:

Don't do it they over map cars had my 8L mapped by them and it went BANG. Over boosting all the time and bent a con rod they do not know what they are doing.

talk to fr&rtuning in bradford, cant recommend them enough

Don't do it they over map cars had my 8L mapped by them and it went BANG. Over boosting all the time and bent a con rod they do not know what they are doing.

My experience of them was that they are very good on prices,but they quoted a wildly optimistic time/cost estimate for a big turbo build.
I would say they thus have some experience of basic Stg1-2+ work,but not much more.

Hi guys
Booked my stage 1(revo) today with jjb in york,does anyone know if they're any good? Cheers!

My experience of them was that they are very good on prices,but they quoted a wildly optimistic time/cost estimate for a big turbo build.
I would say they thus have some experience of basic Stg1-2+ work,but not much more.

Is the person you quoted talking about the mappers in the first post, or the mappers mentioned by the person directly above him?