Any drawbacks of buying early A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI

Bollyboy

Reaction score
Hi

I originally intended to buy a Demo golf Gt Tdi, a few months old with 5k on the clock.

I was then offered from a friend when he heard I was buying a car his A3 2.0 TDI S-Line sportback.

Both cars are just over 20k but after driving his A3 I loved the look/feel of it although the golf would be newer and would have longer warranty.

My question is whether there are any drawbacks or things to look for on the older early models.

It's a March 2013 S-Line 2.0 TDI, MILEAGE IS JUST OVER 7k as its rarely been used.
It comes with,
Heated front seats
Electrical folding mirrors
Privacy glass
Comfort pack
Interior Led light pack
Sat Nav
Roof rails
Autoglym from new and is one owner.

Also would I be correct in think this would not come with DAB radio .

Thanks for any replies.

My old one will be coming up for auction soon if you want to keep an eye out (British Car Auctions).

Sep 2012 so one of the first - 2.0TDI S-Line in Daytona and 17k miles with tech pack, B&O, alcantara seats and a few other bits.

I'm kind of curious what it'll sell for tbh.

Why is it going to auction?

Surely that's a candidate for 'approved used audi'.

Leased company car - the lease companies just send them to auction as it's the easiest way - was actually BCA who collected the car directly.

Car dealers will obviously buy a lot of these cars from auction themselves to sell on to the public but I doubt the main Audi dealers would.

Guess there's a chance of picking up a bargain - my old car is pretty much immaculate with a good spec and low mileage - I kind of hope an individual gets a bargain on it at auction rather than a dealer marking it up and selling it on. It's still got a year of the Audi warranty left so there's not even much value a dealer could add to it by adding their own warranty.

Buy the Audi. I bet the demo car has been thrashed. The interior quality of the Audi alone should have made your mind up
The interior was gorgeous in the Audi, my only concern really is if the earlier models lack anything which a newer model has as standard.

The only real spec changes were the addition of DAB as standard in early 2013 and then TPMS earlier this year. Aside from that nothing much has changed.

Not really. S-lines were the top spec other than raiding the options list. The gt golf was not even that highly specced and if I recall you had to add twin climate, dyn audio etc

I had a similar dilemma when I was looking for a new fleet car. It was choice of a3 black edition or mk6 gtd golf. Comparable spec I had to add loads to the golf and it ended up 3k more. Granted it have 170 BHP over my 140 in the Audi but Audi had stop start and was way cheaper on tax.

Each to their own. Drive them both and you will get a biased view on here.

Facts are

Audi will be worth more come sale time
Better interior
More prestige

Golf will out handle the a3 and be more comfortable but in my experience more squeaks develop on the interior.

Go for theA3. Having driven both, the ride and handling on the A3 isxsuperior to the Golf IMHO and it will retain its value better.