1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any decent De-cat for my S3?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3KO4, Dec 10, 2009.

1. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

Hi everyone, looking to get a de cat on my S3 soon. I know of Milltek too pricy, THS not so sure. I know there is not much but a Y shaped pipe and some clamps, and from what I have seen it's a bit too expensive for what it is. however I would like to hear what you guys are using. and how much you paid for them. any advice would be appreciated.
  2. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

I wouldnt bother decating if your keeping the standard down pipe on, As far as im aware the restrictions are worse in the down pipe than the cats themselves.
    Im using a 3 inch down pipe and decat from pipeworx( mated to a miltek non resonated system).
    The feel of the throttle response is great over standard imo.
    The sound changes abit obviously but anybody who has heard my car under boost has always said its a sporty noise not a loud one.
  3. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

Im running a THS decat i was given by Olly. It was free so i cant mown but most off my friends got given one aswell and you will always get that "THS blow" we call it haha. I would push the boat out and get the full system turbo back. I will be doing this when funds allow.
  4. S3 HODGE

Does your car pop with the downpipe done?
    Thanks.
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Mines positively explodes going from first to second under boost lol

<tuffty/>
  6. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Erm... im not sure it pops all the time, It has but wouldnt say i could do it on request
    The only minor downside is when the cold start air pump is active the exhaust sounds a little tinny.
    But once the cold start has gone... it sounds deep and rumbley off boost and "awsome" when on boost
    As i say, ive not heard the car on boost from the outside so... its all what others have said.
  7. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

Thank you all, if anything decent comes up please let me know, or if you know a good deal somewhere again it's very much appreciated
  8. S3 HODGE

Thats what we like to hear :)

Mines only just started popping and ive had my exhaust on there for a good 6-8 months? Strange but I cant complain.
  9. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

OoPOo I love that pop with a bit of blue flame. Two of my mates have them on boost one comes out with yellow flame the other beast pops with blue. It is mean I just want it like that. With Milltek non res cat back