Any 02M Quattro guru's out there? . . If so, HEELP! :-/

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
My mums box (don't!) went bang a while back, and because I'm a f***ing hero, I recently swapped it out for her.

In the process, because I'm a hasty forgetful c*nt, I accidentally missed out the long drive cup bolt that goes through the drive cup on the transfer box........

So it became apparent when the transfer box was leaking from that area. I've taken the shaft out and done my best to get this bolt in but the thread isn't catching... Is there a thread cap or something that may have fallen away? I'm guessing the T/F box is going to have to come out?...

FML, please help :sleepy:

Its threaded in the diff where the shaft of the T/F box fits... if you can't get it to catch then the only things I can think of is the cup isn't fully home (which may explain the leak), there is debris in the threads from where there hasn't bee a bolt or the thread is stripped (bad times)

The pic below is of a quattro box with T/F box removed... you can see the thread for the bolt..

20160723 112724

<tuffty/>

Cheers tuffty... Without the bolt in there should I be able to pop the cup out that side? Would help me get a better look any way...

The car's done a couple hundred miles, is there anyway the thread could have fallen away?... I know on some diff's they're practically loose in the diff or even press fit.

I'm trying to think what would be behind the thread cap if it were to fall away, it would just be a diff pin no?