1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antiroll bar and bushes

Solberg Sep 20, 2017

1. Solberg

Solberg Active Member

I am changing all my bushes for the Powerflex black series.

I am also changing out the OEM anti roll bars with the H&R ones, these https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...4-lim-sedan-avant-quattro-typ-b5-4wd-09-98-1/

I see these come with new bushings (?) but are they good, I need to know if I should buy the powerflex for the antiroll bars or not. If these who comes with the H&R arb is just standard or uprated.

I also see that the site I buy bushes from has 14mm bushing for the rear ARB but for the front ARB you can choose either 20mm or 19mm, "confused"...

Thænks :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

As per the sales blurb... "Also included are H&Rexclusive bushings made from a Urethane / Teflon composite" so includes poly bushes...

One would hope they are ok to use with a product designed to improve handling...

<tuffty/>

3. SHUk

SHUk Once Bitten Forever Smitten =]

What do you use that car for? I went for a full change to the purple series with coilovers and the ride comfort is non existent. Literally like a go cart. Black series are even harder compound... the bushes on the anti roll bars were a B***H it took two people with a 2m lever bar to push the clamp down to get the bolt back in =]

4. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

Black are designed for track use. E36/Z3 BMW owners have had problems with H&R arbs ripping their mountings from the underside