1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti shudder valve problem

Oddie Aug 19, 2012

1. Oddie

Oddie Member

Evening all

I took my EGR valve apart yesterday to give it a good cleaning. Obviously in order to get the EGR out I had to remove the anti shudder valve but I just followed the guide instructions and left the anti shudder valve resting on the bottom of the engine so I didn't actually touch it.

Since reassembling the car it now judders when I turn the car off. It isn't a really bad judder but it definitely judders and never did this before hand.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how I can sort it ?

Cheers

2. i_786_i

i_786_i Member

Have you also checked the gasket and pipe were correctly put back on?

3. Oddie

Oddie Member

No mate I haven't had chance to have a look at the gaskets but the pipe looks like its on correctly. I will have to take it apart again and check it all over. Do you think a gasket could cause this ?

4. i_786_i

i_786_i Member

Hi,

I dont think a gasket could cause this, but if it not securing properly may allow air to escape/entering causing it to stutter?

5. i_786_i

i_786_i Member

Hi,

You may want to try a ECU reset/Throttle Body Adjustment after you clean the throttle body.

If you search either of these, there are many procedures on how it is performed.