1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anti roll bars

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Banwell, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

[Nov 3, 2005]
    Does anyone know what size (thickness) arbs the 3.2 runs? front and rear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Nov 4, 2005]
    ETKA lists as 20mm front and rear for the Quattro.

H&R offer uprated, adjustable bars for our cars.
  4. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

[Nov 5, 2005]
    interesting..
  5. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Nov 5, 2005]
    Indeed. I'm pretty sure that info is correct, but I have yet to take a micrometer to the actual bars on my car.

I'd love a little more rear roll-stifness. Are you considering changes for your suspension?
  6. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

[Nov 5, 2005]
    Would like to see what the new r32 is running. Last one was 23 front 19 rear (i think), so interesting that the A3 3.2 runs 20/20.

Personally I've been amazed at the handling of the 3.2 so far, so I'd need some good test results before changing anything. (or a more aggrsive set up on the Mrk5 R32 which could be copied?)

Having said that I haven't taken her down any country road twisties just yet..
  7. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Nov 6, 2005]
    Oh man, are you in for a surprise. Pushed to the limit, handling is neutral: In fast sweepers, the attitude of the car remains throttle-adjustable. Back off and you get a whiff of oversteer, push too hard and you get understeer.

It's in tighter 2nd and 3rd gear corners that things get a little worse: It doesn't take kindly to massive acceleration before the apex, understeering like a pig. Do it the opposite way, i.e. lift-off on entry for mild oversteer, wait until apex, then stomp on it to get haldex going and before you know it, you've made a nice, subtle, four-wheel drift. ESP off!

But you probably know all this already...
  8. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Nov 7, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It doesn't take kindly to massive acceleration before the apex, understeering like a pig.

[/ QUOTE ]

And exactly what driving manual tells you to do that!!

Not being funny, you can get the best handling car in the world, but if you drive it like a retard it will still throw you in the hedge like a 2.8 Capri.

(NOI)