1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti roll bar links

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Cviji, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Cviji

Cviji Member

My anti roll bar link are on there way out, knocks along over the bumps. Can these be done without a ramp or does the car need to be on its wheels for them to be changed? would mean I could do it if they didnt. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.
  2. mwarrey

mwarrey Member

You can change them with the car jacked up, it just needs to be level so as long as you use axle stands you should be ok. The links have been changed to a new design so make sure you get the new type.

Are you sure its the antiroll bar links though ? I changed mine, but later found it it was a lower bent arm that was causing the noise.
  3. Beef

Beef Member

Ask for the new bolt kit to go with them - should cost you an extra £2...it will all make sense when you come to fit.

You may find after doing this that there's still a knock, in which case check the front lower arms...they love to knock.

Cheers,

Beef
  4. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR Moderator

ive just done all my arms for around 120 and she drive so smooth now :)
  5. bredhurststeve

bredhurststeve Member

just had my upper arm done and a rear wheel bearing and the car feels so much more solid when going round bends now
  6. scrupes

scrupes bloody great extension bodger

Dont talk to me about knocks and bangs or creaks and squeeks!
    I'm FoOkIn sick of it, i have changed EVERY link arm, balljoint, bearing, "c" link, shockers and springs, hub carriers, track rod ends, anti rollbar bushes, strut top mountings and i still cant find the source of the noise!!!!

seriously this has cost me the best part of £2000 this year. all that's left is the steering rack (£400 quote) and engine mounts/ subframe mounts (£235 quote). i even bought new tyres even tho the oldies had 3.5 - 4 mm left.

any further ideas ????