1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anti dazzle mirror pt number help

bugwhizz Jul 8, 2011

1. bugwhizz

bugwhizz Member

Hi all

I have been offered an interior mirror with the anti dazzle function, pt number 4F0 857 511E 1YE

My A4 is a 2003 B6 with a normal mirror fitted and i know i need a new screen to fit the mirror to but what i'd like help with is the pt number compatability, i want to have auto lights and wipers eventually so i want to buy the right mirror 1st time rather than chop and change later.

Is this pt number right for A4 B6 and does it have light and rain sensor?

I also rang Audi and gave the parts guy the pt number but he was unable to tell me anything other than it was an anti dazzle mirror??, i honestly thought they would have the right answer for me!

I've not really had much chance to do a forum search as it's just been offered to me , are there differences between A4 and A3 mirrors?.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Graeme

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

ETKA shows A4 2005 onwards, VIN: "8E-5-400 001 >>"
    4F0 857 511E 1YE, 11/20404 to 06/2008 "Silver" Anti Dazzle Mirror ~£175.00

I believe the "E" version has the on/off switch and light sensopr feed for the Power Control Unit which would allow auto lights and coming home light options to be retrofitted.

I have the "C" version mirror, although anti-dazzle does not have the light sensor feed or on/off switch.

Rain sensor versions are for B7 models upwards I believe - not possible to retrofit on B6?

3. bugwhizz

bugwhizz Member

Hi woorlord

I find it strange that a B6 can't have the auto lights?? or auto wipers? are you sure about this?

Thanks for your help with the part number, i think i'll get the mirror anyways as it's only £45 delivered and then i can get some serious google digging and research done to try and find out a definative yes or no with regards to B6 fitment.

Could you supply me a part number for the light switch with the auto function on it as i don't have etka

Cheers again

Graeme

4. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

Read post again - B6 auto lights yes, B6 auto wipers no!

PM me your email - have a pdf guide I downloaded some time ago with all part numbers and retrofitting guide etc. for what you want to do.

5. bugwhizz

bugwhizz Member

aah, it all makes sense now lol, sorry about that!:blush: