1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthracite alloys on Dolphin Grey?

AudiSport Apr 21, 2014

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Just bought a 2006 5-dr Dolphin Grey Sportsback and can't decide if I should go for 18 Rotor Arm alloys or RS4s in Athracite... What are your thoughts? RS4s are pretty common in silver, and they look good. I do like the subtle OEM look ; )

Pictures would be great if you have any too!

2. Ron burgundy

Ron burgundy Active Member

Do you have a pic of your car?

Interested to see the dolphin grey.

I think the RS4 wheels would look nice as long as the colour Isn't to dark.

3. batch

batch Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro

Rotors come in a very similar shade to Dolphin as far as I see...?

Ron burgundy likes this.
  4. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Ron burgundy likes this.
  5. Ron burgundy

Ok cheers , mine is the same colour ...

What model is yours ..SE, Sport, S line ?

I just put 18s on mine yesterday and it's the sport model , trouble is now it looks silly and needs lowering...my mistake thinking the sport and a line has same suspension.

6. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Mine is s-line spec, so it sits lower than SE. Just get yourself some lowering springs. I had the same issue with my old TT.

Ron burgundy likes this.
  7. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

This is why I always suggest lowering before sticking bigger wheels on and it looking like a monster truck.IMO, even on standard wheels, cars look much smarter a bit lower.

8. Ron burgundy

I read up that S line and sport was the same suspension that's the only reason I put them on there ..

I needed 2 front tyres on the my 17s but these 18s come up for next to nothing with decent branded tyres and luckily worked out near on the same as buying 2 new tyres..

I'll sell the 17s and get some springs to tidy it up..

I don't want it slammed , just sitting above the tyres will do ..inch n 1/2 maybe?

[​IMG]

9. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

S Line is lower than Sport suspension, only by 10mm if I remember rightly. I don't think that looks too bad, slight drop would have a looking nicer though.

10. Ron burgundy

Yeah I'm not going to lower it to much , the rims are off an A4 so they sit out more on the arch but I prefer it to be honest