Another "will they fit" thread, 8.5x19"

Mikey

Reaction score
Im toying with the idea of fitting some new rims. My car is lowered on H+R Springs, and just want to know if I will be ok (ie not scrubbing) with these rims.

Spec of the wheel I am interested in: 5 x 112, 8.5 x 19", ET45, With 225-35-19 rubber.

Thanks.

I have 235/35/19 on mine and lowered on Coilovers .

See picture below and doesnt rub.

and looks awsome aswell

and looks awsome aswell

Looks well that mate! What are the wheels sizes, offset, widths etc? thanks!

May have to modify the screw on the rear arch liner slightly but I think with those tyres especially you'll be safe.......safe.

May have to modify the screw on the rear arch liner slightly but I think with those tyres especially you'll be safe.......safe.

YEah i had to change the screws on rear lining just catching by a few mill

If they're the RS6's in the sig i'm putting my money on 8's

Combination of stretched tyres, negative camber, custom arches and no fattys

My mates just ordered 8.5x19 works wheels and kw varient 3's so i hope they fit lol.

depends on his offset mate, im pretty sure the limit is et45, and even then could get some catching. im thinking of just biting the bullet and going for 8.5x19" et45 with 225/35/19, afterall im thinking i might just be using the 19" rims as show wheels anyway so its not like they will be getting constant use.

Image046_2.jpg

8.5x19 ET48 with 225/35x19s, dropped on H&Rs, and no rubbing.
So ET45s should be fine.

Reactions: Lizard821000
Do love your car maars, and have been looking for more pics of yours with the 19's on but cant find any? get some up mate!!

The only problem I've found is that with the stretched tyres (not quite as bad as S3IZZO's 215s!) and 8.5" rims the rim edge sticks out so there's no kerbing protection whatsoever. The nett result - both my wife and I have managed to catch the rims on the kerb a couple of times. At least given the design they're easy to refurb (i.e. just the outer rim). A pain though...:(

As for more photos, when the weather's better I get some taken :yum:

and looks awsome aswell

Looks really low. It doesnt even rub when you have a full load?

The only problem I've found is that with the stretched tyres (not quite as AMAZINGLY DOPE as S3IZZO's 215s!) and 8.5" rims the rim edge sticks out so there's no kerbing protection whatsoever. The nett result - both my wife and I have managed to catch the rims on the kerb a couple of times. At least given the design they're easy to refurb (i.e. just the outer rim). A pain though...:(

As for more photos, when the weather's better I get some taken :yum:

Stretched tyres are evil and kill small children for fun - don't do it guys.

And in response to the above...yes it offers no rim protection but then you just have to be careful when parking near kurbs - i've managed it so I don't see why anyone else can't.

If my wheels were ET45 or simlar I wouldn't be running 215's at all - I <3 your car Maars , looks so good on those wheels, definitely my fav OEM Audi wheel.

Mikey

I have 235/35/19 on a 8.5*19 rim also lowered on H&R by about 35-40mm

Some photos on this Thread just after the springs were fitted
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=53584

thanks rabs, car looks super cool with them 19's. The thing is your on ET48, the rims im looking into gettting are ET45, i know its *only* 3mm but I think that can make a lot of difference.

Yes 3mm can make a big difference, i have removed the infamous screw in the rear arch and it helped with rubbing but it still does catch a little on bumpy roads.
As Maars says his do not rub i think the 225 are a good bet but you have to sacrifice a bit of rim protection.

But the Mrs manged to do a nice job on one of mine even with the rim protection :-(

Yes 3mm can make a big difference, i have removed the infamous screw in the rear arch and it helped with rubbing but it still does catch a little on bumpy roads.
As Maars says his do not rub i think the 22 are a good bet but you have to sacrifice a bit of rim protection.

But the Mrs manged to do a nice job on one of mine even with the rim protection :-(

i presume you mean 225?

et50

8.5x19

235/35/19

lowered roughly 45mm on coils

does not rub even though when I drove from belfast to silverstone to holyhead to belfast with a full boot and 5 guys in the car!

Image046_2.jpg

8.5x19 ET48 with 225/35x19s, dropped on H&Rs, and no rubbing.
So ET45s should be fine.
How will this setup look with no dropped suspension? Please re upload pic?

thanks rabs, car looks super cool with them 19's. The thing is your on ET48, the rims im looking into gettting are ET45, i know its *only* 3mm but I think that can make a lot of difference.
Mikey how did it turn out with the ET45 19 8.5J?

Post is nearly 10 years old. Maybe a new Post-Revival record here!

Reactions: audis3UK