1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Will It Fit Question : S3 Side Skirts.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A3-frankie, Jan 9, 2007.

1. A3-frankie

A3-frankie Member

[Jan 9, 2007]
    I picked up my S3 spoiler lastnight and am going to buy the S3 sideskirts asap providing they will fit by 2002 TDI.

So has anybody fitted S3 skirts to their A3, Do they need any modification or is it a straight swap?

Also i have plastic strips at the bottom of the doors at the moment, will these need to come off? (see picture below)

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

[Jan 9, 2007]
    They will fit but it'll take some modifying of the rubber strips for them to do so - bodyshop should be able to sort you out, they need bonded on anyway.

BTW do u happen to need/want an S3 front bumper.......:sm4:
  4. A3-frankie

A3-frankie Member

[Jan 9, 2007]
    Right, the S3 skirts have a lip on them with holes in to attatch dont they, will these be hidden?

What has to be done to the rubber strips then? my only concern is i dont want a poor fit, i want it to look spot on.
  5. 1ndy

1ndy Member

[Jan 9, 2007]
    from what I have read - dont bother with the S3 skirts. Way too much hassle. You are better off buying some subtle aftermarket ones.
  6. CaTFiSH

CaTFiSH Member

[Jan 10, 2007]
    you can adapt the s3 black sills on the a3, but for the lower paint coded part you have to change at least the front wings if you want a good fit.