1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another strange s3 problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rams_s3, Jan 25, 2011.

1. rams_s3

rams_s3 Active Member

My 225 s3 is playing up again! This time its the alarm thats causing me grief it just won't let me lock the car without it going off. I've done a bit of research and found that the rear wiper can leak and cause the bootlock to not function properly then make the alarm sensor trigger the siren. After removing the boot panel I can see that no water is in there so what else could it be?

Not sure if this is anything to do with the fault in the alarm but as soon as I turn the ignition on from cold the cooling fan starts up but then it goes off and on depending on wheather a door is open or not!! Yea u read that right shutting the door stops the fan!! Anyone had these problems?

James

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. daz del

daz del New Member

sounds like problem afta problem there mate,ive got the sport back and touch wood, had no problems so far!
    hope you manage to sort it. atb

4. rams_s3

rams_s3 Active Member

Yea it's a nightmare think the problems might be linked thrOugh some kind of electrical short somewhere or I hoping that's what it is. It's going to Audi on Thursday just woundered if anyone could help to save me the £80 an hour they charge!!???

5. marcuss3

marcuss3 Member

I'd imagine the A£ and Gold mark IV are similiar - I've had 2 Mark IV Golfs, and known of 2 others that all had the rear washer pipe come apart, the washer fluid then drains onto the headlining and down into the boot messing with the electrics!
    The pipe is located on the inside of the nearside B pillar. Remove the inside B pillar trim and reconnnect the pipe - preferably with a ty-wrap. Hope that helps.

6. rams_s3

rams_s3 Active Member

I've now noticed that the alarm problem is related to a leak somewhere as I've left it for 24 hours in the garage and just tried to lock it and its worked fine! Typical on the day its going to audi! Might try wetting ceertain parts see what happend