Another Sportback Ordered - Roof Rails?

• Thread starter Deleted member 73064
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73064

Hi folks,

Another A3 Sportback ordered! This time a 1.4TFSI Sport with the following:

Phantom Black (GF's choice, guess she wants me to spend more time washing the car o_O!)
Comfort Pack
Privacy Glass
DAB Radio
SD Sat Nav
Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Storage Pack

I'm in two minds about Roof Rails though - do they "enhance the sportiness" of the car or are they a take them or leave them option? I could add them or swap out the privacy glass for them. What do you think?

Also I have gone with the standard Sport 17" Alloys as I think the Kinetic look a little fussy, would have liked to stretch to the 18" as they looked great on the model I saw last week but 595 on wheels would mean I might as well have gone for an S-line for the little extra it would cost.

I thought the roof rails were standard on the sportback? Must admit I kind of like them. In white i'd be tempted to go for black ones, but with the Phantom Black I think it's look quite smart to have the aluminium rails.

Thanks, yep they're a £250 option on the Sportback.

Thought I'd update this post as I've changed my order a bit, finally have gone with:

A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport

Phantom Black
Aluminium Roof Rails
15 Spoke Alloys

Privacy Glass

Comfort Pack

DAB Radio

SD Sat Nav
Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Storage Pack
Non Smoking Package

Delivery end of March/early April...Can't wait!

Nice spec, should look good :). I've not seen too many with those wheels so that should set it apart a bit, and I think adding the roof rails is a good call. For me the privacy glass can kind of throw the 'balance' out a little bit so I didn't pick that, but sure it will look good in black.

Guess the illuminated vanity mirrors was the gf's choice as well !

Thanks! Yep the wheels were something I thought lots about, the standard Sport 17" look a bit plain and I've seen lots of the Kinetics about, a few nice Vids on Youtube showing the 15 spokes off.

I did have to make a few concessions in order to secure some of the other goodies :).