1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another service question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by heliflyer, Mar 13, 2009.

1. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

[Mar 13, 2009]
    Hi was just wondering,i bought my car from a ford main dealer who had the car serviced for me 30000mls shortly after buying it had a problem so took it to my local audi dealer under warrenty (audi uk actually paid for it to be fixed as there was a known problem) anyway service light is now on the car has 36800 mls on clock so question is is 6800mls seams a bit quick would this be right for a service interval or can audi dealer set up in vag com when service is due any info appreciated Ian
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

[Mar 13, 2009]
    After you took it back, did you check if it had been reset? The "service miles" in the DIS would have said -.-.- for the first few miles whilst it recalculated.

Sounds to me like it wasnt reset and your dealer just fixed your problem. Being a Ford dealer they may have only had basic equipment or more than likely, they just did the oil and filter on it and didnt touch it with Vag com.
  4. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

[Mar 13, 2009]
    Thanks for the reply lee yes the dealer probably only changed the oil and filters ,was the first time i have had a audi so at the time vag com and dis meant nothing to me so no i didnt check ,but thought services would be approx 10000 mls cheers ian