1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another S3 Opinon

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by TanyaS3, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. TanyaS3
    Offline

    TanyaS3 Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2003
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 5, 2003]
    Hi All

    Better get used to me asking you lot questions lol.
    OK.
    T reg S3 RS6 wheels, H&R suspension. Silver recaros. £14,250. But with 60k on the clock???? Now its not worth 14k as i have seen 32k mileage ones for that price on a T plate so what would you say it was worth.

    Thanks
    Tanya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    #1
  2. Ads

    Ads

    [Sep 22, 2014]

  3. will_S3
    Offline

    will_S3 Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2003
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 5, 2003]
    well wheels and supsension are costy if new, if the 60k is with service history its worth about 14k maybe little less
    #2
  4. TanyaS3
    Offline

    TanyaS3 Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2003
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 5, 2003]
    Do u think 60k bit 2 much on mileage for my new car?

    #3
  5. TanyaS3
    Offline

    TanyaS3 Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2003
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 10, 2003]
    Its 80k mark.
    Ohh this car i s everything i want and ive taken him down to 13,800. Well on my metro i have had it 3 years and i have done24,000 miles so??????
    u think good buy

    http://www.jcoopercars.co.uk/
    used cars
    audi a3 quattro (it is s3 but they got it wrong)
    Tanya
    #4
  6. munkey
    Offline

    munkey Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2003
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 10, 2003]
    Looks very tidy for a T plate, I like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

    Will the mods affect ur insurance?

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #5
  7. JayBeeS3
    Offline

    JayBeeS3 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2003
    Messages:
    114
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 10, 2003]
    Looks good Tanya!
    Buy it! (eventhough its not Silver)
    #6
  8. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Jul 10, 2003]
    Good point about the mods Munkey, don't forget to check with the insurance company Tanya.

    Did you haggle on the phone with them? If so, don't! Save it for when you get in front of them then really kick their arses on it, you'll be able to knock a lot more off.

    #7
  9. TanyaS3
    Offline

    TanyaS3 Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2003
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    the wheels and suspension shouldnt change the price of insurance that much should it?
    Does anyone know what tesco are like on mods on insurance?
    The chip will. Is there a way i can take the chip of 2 start with?
    thanks
    Tanya
    #8
  10. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    The suspension will make a difference! My Dad is looking to buy my BMW off of me, so when he was calling for insurance quotes he was doing well until he said it had AC Schnitzer lowering springs on it.....and then the premium almost doubled for him!!

    You can get the chip removed but it is very expensive, as it normally means unsoldering the chip, unless however it's been serial programmed by Revo, then it should be a piece of piddle.
    #9
  11. Dylarolla
    Offline

    Dylarolla New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    And this is the problem with modifications. Every insurer takes a different line. Some won't give a monkey's about a lowered suspension and charge you nothing extra, whilst other's won't insure you at all!

    My advice is to tread very carefully.
    #10
  12. MushroomMan
    Offline

    MushroomMan Sucemabite

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2003
    Messages:
    343
    Likes Received:
    0
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    Taking the chip out is like taking a stake to its heart!

    BTW What BHP/torque does an AMD chipped 210 S3 deliver?
    #11
  13. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    270 Bhp and 270 lb ft give or take 5 off of each.
    #12
  14. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,090
    Likes Received:
    4
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    Well i believe DanS3 got 290lb/ft...

    Rich
    #13
  15. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Well i believe DanS3 got 290lb/ft...

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Maybe so, but that is quoted from the AmD site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif
    #14
  16. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,090
    Likes Received:
    4
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Well i believe DanS3 got 290lb/ft...

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Maybe so, but that is quoted from the AmD site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    i.e lowest figures... average may tend to be a bit higher.. so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif 2 u 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #15
  17. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Well i believe DanS3 got 290lb/ft...

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Maybe so, but that is quoted from the AmD site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    i.e lowest figures... average may tend to be a bit higher.. so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif 2 u 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    But it is better to expect too low and be surprised when it's higher, and now you've ruined it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif 2
    #16
  18. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,090
    Likes Received:
    4
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    Well i believe DanS3 got 290lb/ft...

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Maybe so, but that is quoted from the AmD site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    i.e lowest figures... average may tend to be a bit higher.. so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif 2 u 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    But it is better to expect too low and be surprised when it's higher, and now you've ruined it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif 2

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Agree its better to expect low then you can only be happy with the results... But was just making it known that u can get higher a this may help on a decision...
    #17
  19. audi_girl
    Offline

    audi_girl Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    1,038
    Likes Received:
    1
    [Jul 11, 2003]
    I've seen RR outputs from AmD chipped S3 putting out 267bhp, and 290lb/ft
    #18

Share This Page