1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another roof spoiler question

paddy Nov 17, 2009

1. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

OK...so now i have dubious aftermarket roof spoiler.:)

Why is it that all the A3's i look at in the car park etc, have a roof spoiler that fits flush with the roof line....yet when i asked here how it fits people said its bonded on. the small lip on my tailgate is already flush with the roof so anything i stick on it will be proud of the roof line.
    The spoiler i have fits quite well where it should but the leading edge is about 10mm thick so naturally it sits 10mm high...

am i missing something here ?? :search:

2. Slimbaldy

Slimbaldy Hammer it!

I think its's a whole different piece above the backwindow on the factory spec spoilers. I,ve often looked at them. :shrug:

3. paddy

Well unless the factory spoiler is paper thin i cant see how its stuck on top of the standard ridge with the brake light in...

Note to self...

stop believing what people tell me here :)

4. mattandrew

mattandrew Member VCDS Map User

5. paddy

Cheers Matt, I guess the only way to really find out how it will fit is to buy (another) one.....
    Next problem will be where the hell do i find a S-Line spoiler for an 04 ? Not at Staford or stoke...tried them...