Another Plasti Dip!

Jonathaan

Quattro
Reaction score
Decided to have a go with this Plasti Dip,

Dealt with Alan @ Matt Pack down in Essex, and what can i say - Top bloke! Offerd no end of support and the service is fantastic!

I bought 15ltrs of Matt black for £222, antisipated using 10ltrs, but used 7.5ltrs.

I used Earlex Spray Station Ultimate HV3900VUK which i bought from Tool Station for £89.37

Pre washed the car with G3 Detox to remove all wax from the paint, then took car into warehouse and begun prepping.

Removed alloys and stood car on wood/axle stands, bagged discs and taped glass.

Then rubbbed every panel down with IPA. I then had to mess around with a high vis vest to cover radiator :p

Then plugged gun in and set up the spray pattern.

I begun by dusting the car 2 or 3 times, just to get a feel for how it sprays but also to allow it to stick to the car!

Once the first few dustings were on you could imediatly see a colour change.

Then carried on zipping around the car and last coat made slightly heavier than the previous ones.

Then left over night, with the doors open.

Returned following day and removed all tape and any over spray, such as indicators, headlights, fog lights, number plate...

Painted calipers black to go with the stealth scene :ninja:

All in all it is very easy to use and black is very good at covering any defects. The drivers door had paint flake, rear bumper needed re spraying, and now none of these can be seen!

Word of warning to anybody using this and spraying over tinted lights,,,, TAPE them up, as the plasti dip removed the tint!

A few pictures of the proccess captured by my m8 can be seen below, think he is going to add some more and will be getting some when the nice weather comes back :D

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.650547544969754.1073741842.520453884645788&type=1

Thanks for reading :D

24vmkxt.jpg

Reactions: HHS3, Usmxn, wuta3 and 4 others
Looks good mate and a cheap yet effective way of getting rid of all those defects! I personally think matte black is over done, I like the matte silver / blue. But needless to say its a good job and looks really good with those rotars too.

Reactions: S3_Jacko
Yeah, i am wanting to do it a custom blue - but due to me having no experience with spraying i thought id have a bash with Black first :p

Plus i want to see how durable this is over winter, then do it blue before all the big shows next year so it is Freshhh

Reactions: TDI_TIM
Yeah, i am wanting to do it a custom blue - but due to me having no experience with spraying i thought id have a bash with Black first :p

Plus i want to see how durable this is over winter, then do it blue before all the big shows next year so it is Freshhh

Brilliant idea! Have fun peeling it all off though!

Looks great . If I ever got sick of my sprint blue I would spray mine a matt blue or matt red

Looks great with the rotors, think a BE grill would look better than the current one though. Not quite on the same scale but I'm doing my wheels blaze pink in a few weeks. How'd you go about cleaning Plasti-Dip?

Sure I spotted your car in Rothwell around a month or 2 back as well, on Haigh Road.

peeling this off can be a right nightmare, saw a guy on IG in america having a right ball'ache doing it. i would have scrapped the car honestly but he got it done in the end

It peeled off the lights very easy, and also the side repeaters...

And Leeds, drop me a message when you order paint for ya wheels id be intrested to see them :D

And yeah you may have seen me, next time give us a flash (y)

And Leeds, drop me a message when you order paint for ya wheels id be intrested to see them :D

And yeah you may have seen me, next time give us a flash (y)

Just waiting for payday to come around in 2 weeks time so I can order and get it done, mega bored with my wheels at the moment so fancy something different. Once I've got them on and lowered it a touch more I'll be sticking some pics up here.

Love this shot as well :icon_thumright:

1175576_650548851636290_1834180562_n.jpg

Cheers, and you planning on buying rattle tins im guessing for the alloys?

Looks cool, I plasti dipped a set of alloys a year or so ago. Was selling the car a couple of weeks ago so decided to take it off. It was an absolute PITA, I thought I'd done a good thick coat but it was just tearing into tiny strips. Ended up with blisters under my blisters.

Cheers, and you planning on buying rattle tins im guessing for the alloys?

Yeh, going to get 5 or 6 cans. Not bothered in them being absolutely perfect as it's just for something different for a bit.

May do the rear 4 rings badge as well.

is that how many cans you need for the wheels was thinking of doing mine??

is that how many cans you need for the wheels was thinking of doing mine??

From what I've read, people say it takes 4-5 cans. I'd rather have too much than too little though.

I may be going with the tins, as suggested by Jonny, instead if they get Blaze Pink in stock soon.

Then bought some stuff to clean the car, Poor Boys APC – PH Neutral Snow foam and a lance :D

100ml APC and 150ml Snow Foam and top the rest of the 1L bottle with warm water.

All clean!

Due to my car being a diesel and iv removed the DPF it smokes some what! So the back of the car is always covered in diesel soot, I use a microfiber noodle mit to wipe this down.
Once car is washed and completely rinsed off I use a PowerCham/Synthetic chammy to remove all the excess water. It does streak at first but it all then evaporates off and leaves a streak free surface.

The White specs on the surface is not dirt it is fire ash, somebody thought it would be a good idea to set the field on fire behind my house and all the ash melted into the dip :(

When changing colour of cars with plati dip do you have to tell dvla or not?

The White specs on the surface is not dirt it is fire ash, somebody thought it would be a good idea to set the field on fire behind my house and all the ash melted into the dip :(

Looks mint

I'm sure you can apply a clear coat to further save any damage and the likes, and improve durability

But looks great..... i've got sprint blue... maybe go flat blue at some stage, but sprint blues a hard colour to get bored of

yeh looks good mate, i fancy the matt neon blue i seen in a post a while ago, a need bumpers redone some point but i dont know how much that will skin me, prolly better off just dipping it lol, but i love the waxed sprint blue effect hmmm

PLEASE can someone hurry up and do it in matte neon blue? Literally looks amazing! Good job btw bud!

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
PLEASE can someone hurry up and do it in matte neon blue? Literally looks amazing! Good job btw bud!

i am on the way, got ready everything just waiting for a weekend off from work :)

Reactions: Zak0123
Each time I see this it makes me want to try! Only thing I'm worried about Is things like stone chips messing it up! How protected is it
and how long can it last?

it will last with stone chips, because is rubber plastic, it bounces of chip stones. Give it a try ;)

How much did it all cost am thinking of doing mine at home but unsure of the finish id get :/

Love the look of it, not sure about the lights being covered with it but everything else looks like a top job.

I've done my Grille and wingmirrors matte black, alloys are going black next month! Plastidip FTW!

can you put a pic of your door shuts and the top seal of the door against the pillar

Nice car mate, honestly if I were you I would buy a GENUINE S3 front bumper (in any colour) of eBay for around £500, and spray that plastidip as well and there you go you would have a NICE REPLICA S3!

At the moment the car looks amazing overall, but honestly the next mod for you I reckon is the S3 front bumper, BUT DON'T GO FOR replicas or those fake RS3s front bumper as that would make it evern worst! Honestly trust me!

I've seen some people doing that coz they believe having a RS3 replica is better than S3, but one thing to remember is RS3 is never available in 3-doors! Which that makes it worst and stupid!

Anyway good job and keep up the good work! :)

Will try get some pics of around handle and top of door seal. I didnt do door shuts.

Some pictures of a RS painted with the Blue from MattPack;

3reiu.jpg

k2gsub.jpg

xgfwa0.jpg

14978zk.jpg

zwc36w.jpg

Reactions: Tomplumb
It looks mega and something I'm considering doing to mine!

Is it something you would consider doing for a cost?

"I used Earlex Spray Station Ultimate HV3900VUK which i bought from Tool Station for £89.37"

Reactions: Ash187