1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one flies the nest...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Andy_S3, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Andy_S3

Andy_S3 Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 31, 2010]
    Hi all. I watched my S3 leave the driveway this morning for the last time. Absolutely gutted but needs must. :sorry:The good news is it's gone to a fellow enthusiast on this forum whom Im sure will be on here at some point to post pictures of his new pride & Joy. (He's got a hell of a drive from Teesside to Portsmouth to get out of the way first!)

Can I just say a big thankyou to all those who've helped me out directly & indirectly over the years, and It was good to put some names to faces at GTI International last year. Who knows, I might be at this years if I get something VAG to replace the S3.

Thanks again :icon_thumright:

Andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

[Jan 31, 2010]
    Awww Shame! I watched my S3 go a few weeks back :( Hope the next car you buy goes to plan :)

Adam
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 31, 2010]
    :bye:Nice to have known you Andy,hope the next ride is as nice
  5. Andy_S3

[Jan 31, 2010]
    Weirdly Hodge my replacement will likely be a VW Bora! Im not copying you honest! It'll just be a standard TDI - not quite as nice as the S3 Jase!
  6. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

[Jan 31, 2010]
    Copycat! lol, Go for it there awesome cars :D
  7. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

[Jan 31, 2010]
    Ill be seeing that being driven around then, who is it on this forum? ill be watching it through the comfort of the van once i sell my audi:( least the vans a volkswagon though! :D
  8. Andy_S3

[Jan 31, 2010]
    The car now belongs to Pete aka OllieH and he has some good plans for her, so at least its gone to a good home. Ive been in a really **** mood all day though as I now have to make do with my 11 year old 106 diesel for the time being. Doesnt even have a CD player :( Quite a step down lol.
  9. OllieH

OllieH Member

[Jan 31, 2010]
    Hi folks, I am now the proud owner of Andy's cherished S3. Big thumbs up to you Andy for keeping her in such good condition. The drive back was a dream, even if I was v.tired!! Only just got back in fact as I stopped at the fiancees parents in Sheffield for a few hours. No pics yet unfortunately as it's dark, and covered in grime anyway. Will try and sort this out this coming weekend. One question, tried tuning into radio 5 on AM for the Man U vs Arsenal game, but couldn't pick anything up. Any ideas?

Thanks again for a top car, and thanks to you and your old man for letting me in so early this morning. Good luck with the Bora idea aswell.