1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another mot passed

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 205man, Sep 17, 2012.

1. 205man

205man Active Member

well i took my car for its 6th mot since ive owned it and yet again it passed with no advisory's so well pleased

so since ive owned it then 6 mots passed and only ever had on advisory issued so not to bad i think lol
  2. PAULF

PAULF Member

Well done! :applaus:
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Mine went in yesterday too, was properly bricking it though.

On saturday i checked it over and one of the front CV boots had come off, so i stuck a new tie on it. Only other issue i could find was a blowing exhaust flexi, but it was slight so i figured it would probably get past.

Monday morning came, and as i was about to leave i decided for some reason to check the CV boot. Looked under and sure enough the bloody thing was hanging off again. Cue an 8 minute mad dash to jack the car up, get the wheel off, fit a new cable tie, and nail it all back together. I was half expecting it to fall off again on the way, so i crossed my fingers and set off for the MOT.

nervewracking 45mins and the guy finally came back and said it had passed bar an advise on the flexi :D

I've never had a car fail an MOT, but this one snuck up on me and so it was all a bit of a rush. Glad it passed in the end though!
  4. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Member

Put mine in too last Wednesday. I replaced rear coil springs, stripped rear brakes and changed a caliper seal, and fitted a new CV boot on the front O/S. In he past I've fitted GKN Driveline boot kits, but this one was already showing wear after just a year, so have gone for genuine Audi part before it split. Garage did timing belt, etc. Passed, no advisories. :sm4: