1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another mot passed

205man Sep 17, 2012

1. 205man

205man Active Member

well i took my car for its 6th mot since ive owned it and yet again it passed with no advisory's so well pleased

so since ive owned it then 6 mots passed and only ever had on advisory issued so not to bad i think lol

2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member VCDS Map User

Well done! :applaus:

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Mine went in yesterday too, was properly bricking it though.

On saturday i checked it over and one of the front CV boots had come off, so i stuck a new tie on it. Only other issue i could find was a blowing exhaust flexi, but it was slight so i figured it would probably get past.

Monday morning came, and as i was about to leave i decided for some reason to check the CV boot. Looked under and sure enough the bloody thing was hanging off again. Cue an 8 minute mad dash to jack the car up, get the wheel off, fit a new cable tie, and nail it all back together. I was half expecting it to fall off again on the way, so i crossed my fingers and set off for the MOT.

nervewracking 45mins and the guy finally came back and said it had passed bar an advise on the flexi :D

I've never had a car fail an MOT, but this one snuck up on me and so it was all a bit of a rush. Glad it passed in the end though!

4. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Active Member quattro Audi A2 Audi Avant Owner Group

Put mine in too last Wednesday. I replaced rear coil springs, stripped rear brakes and changed a caliper seal, and fitted a new CV boot on the front O/S. In he past I've fitted GKN Driveline boot kits, but this one was already showing wear after just a year, so have gone for genuine Audi part before it split. Garage did timing belt, etc. Passed, no advisories. :sm4: