Another led Interior light nearlly done!

mac1403

Reaction score
Thought I would share a few poorly taken pictures with you all. Am very happy with the led mod (Sorry about bugging you all the time Toby) It hasn't been without its problems but managed to work through them eventually. Not sure how the guys who have already done this managed to find wedge refractor bulbs that actually fit nice, as the ones I had required a bit of manipulation to get them to stay in the holder. The only thing left is the puddle and boot lights. For some reason even with the 150 Ohm resistor in the boot it will not light the led. I guess the next step will be to try a 220 Ohm resistor. Although I am not looking forward to the puddle lights if they are the same as the footwell ones....mainly because of the fit of the bulbs. The amount of times I got the bulb working, pushed the holder back in and the freeking bulb flew out LOL
IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

Hmmm need those seats!

Thanks. The seats are not all they are cracked up to be though. They show wear real easy and you have to be ultra careful getting in and out. There is a lot of sacrifice having them, like loosing the electric adjustment, acess to the back seats and lastly the cost. For the price they are you could have a full Miltek and remap.

Haha, thats a good one!
I'd do the same too but I prefer the cloth ones as you can just sit on them without thinking about the wear etc.

If you're unhappy with them I'll happily swap for my std S3 seats and cash.

If you're unhappy with them I'll happily swap for my std S3 seats and cash.

Not unhappy with them. I knew what they would be like and the scarifice having them. Its just the wear side of things...I think it sort of ruins the enjoyment when you have to be so careful....BUT, they do look stunning! Have seen a few sets on Ebay so the best thing is to keep an eye on there. They do seem to command quite a price, although you could sell your own so I doubt it would be as dear as it would be to spec them from new.

thats a nice mod and it looks good, but i hardly ever use my interior lights...

Yeh I know what you mean. Its just a cheap mod though and it does improve the look of the interior. I can't for the life of me understand why Audi doesn't fit led's as standard. They did the led drl's so why not rear number plate and interiors?

What can you say to that.. It looks fantastic! Makes me want leather even more!!! Though without those LED's and your fantastic install it woudn't look as good. Hope your proud mate! Looks very professional!!

What can you say to that.. It looks fantastic! Makes me want leather even more!!! Though without those LED's and your fantastic install it woudn't look as good. Hope your proud mate! Looks very professional!!

Thanks mate. Would be even more proud if I could get the ****** boot led to work LOL

Well, I would love to help... But you live too far away! Good luck with it though, and be sure to pass on the knowledge through posted tutorial hehe

a silly question but in my older cars i have just replaced the interior light bulbs with led ones and it works... is this not the case on the A3?

(im new to A3's):ermm:

audi got to clever and decided to install bulb out warnings. Draw from the bulbs was monitored, and if a bulb went out, power usage would drop so car knows bulb is out and tells driver. (on posh cars) Car then stop voltage going to the dead bulb.

as leds draw very little power, car will kill power to where they are fitted as it thinks the biulbs have blown .

Hence why a resistor is needed to fool the car by drawing power that a bulb would.

hope this explains it

:jester:

a silly question but in my older cars i have just replaced the interior light bulbs with led ones and it works... is this not the case on the A3?

(im new to A3's):ermm:

unfortunately in a word no. Audi's monitoring system can be a bit of a bitch and to make things worse each car seems to behave differently. For instance everyone needed a resistor in the rear map lights to stop them staying on dim when they were supposed to be off....on my car not required. Also none required for the number plated, but that might be down to using a different led than others have. No one seems to have had a problem with the boot light, but mine will not work with an led regardless of what resistor I fit AGHHHH!!

awww ****! and here i am saving my expensive bulbs i bought from my written off focus thinking i can put them into the A3 when i pick it up in a couple weeks :mad:

saying that there is a guy in east london that knows all about the resistors in the audi that can help me out

just thinking could i still use the bulbs i have for the A3 if the resisitor is put in place?

awww ****! and here i am saving my expensive bulbs i bought from my written off focus thinking i can put them into the A3 when i pick it up in a couple weeks :mad:

saying that there is a guy in east london that knows all about the resistors in the audi that can help me out

just thinking could i still use the bulbs i have for the A3 if the resisitor is put in place?

yes mate.....shouldn't be a problem with the resistors