1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another holiday another terror attack

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 205man, Jun 30, 2007.

1. 205man

205man Active Member

[Jun 30, 2007]
    im thinking i must be jinxed as on thursday, im of on holiday to the maldives and what happens some muppets drive a jeep into an airport,

then 2 years ago i was going on holiday and the day before was the 7/7 bombings, so security high then

and i was half way across atlantic the morning of 9/11 so was diverted

im think someone is telling me something.

i just hope nothing happens at manchester airport on thursday,

but what ever happens im not letting a few individuals control my life and my freedom, ill still fly and travel

alan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 30, 2007]
    Hope all goes well Alan
    I'm having concerns as well as a long hauls beckoning
  4. 205man

205man Active Member

[Jun 30, 2007]
    i just tend to ignore it and try not to think about it, my gfriend loves flying but gets really scared when you see the sort of news we have been seeing plastered all over the tv/papers

i have to try to reassure her that its a one in millon chance we would be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

if it happens it happens it would be out of my control to stop it,
  5. Onlyme

Onlyme Member

[Jun 30, 2007]
    alan what resort you going too ? we have been twice now both times to Kuerdu in the north Atoll, if its your first time hope you enjoy it, my tip is go snorkelling or diving & if you have to go by seaplane to your resort then get your cam corder, digi camera out ASAP due to the condensation.
  6. 205man

205man Active Member

[Jul 1, 2007]
    im going to Dhonveli Beach & Spa (north atoll), we are going from airport via speedboat.

i dont tink i will be able to go diving even though i have a padi certificate ,its only been 6 weeks after my op on it and it still bit swollen/bruised and im not sure i want to risk it (got hospital on monday to see what they say) , but i was using the holiday as part of my recovery as id be lay there in the sun resting it

thanks for the tip about the camera, i always carry them in my hand luggage anyway