1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another headlight problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jamessg1962, Dec 19, 2013.

1. jamessg1962

jamessg1962 Member

[Dec 19, 2013]
    Audi A3 2.0 sport, with Xenon headlights. Noticed when I switched the headlights on they didn't do the usual 'dance' from low to high to level, just a limp flick and then stayed at the lowest level .
    After a search on here I read that there are two sensors, located front and rear passenger side.
    After removing front wheel I found the bracket the connects the small rod to level sensor broken as per photo.
    20131219_165644.jpg

After phoning around I found you can’t get the bracket by its self you got to buy the whole unit sensor and all.( I'm presuming the sensor is ok ) Unless anybody has one they want to part with !!
    In the mean time I thought if I just tie the sensor rod in the up position (as if the car was low at front) the headlights would rise, but alas this has not happened.
    Do I need to cancel any recorded faults; I don’t have VAG COM,If I disconnect the battery will this clear any faults .
    Anybody got any ideas .Otherwise it’s a trip to Audi.

Cheers

2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]