1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another headlight problem

jamessg1962 Dec 19, 2013

1. jamessg1962

jamessg1962 Member

Audi A3 2.0 sport, with Xenon headlights. Noticed when I switched the headlights on they didn't do the usual 'dance' from low to high to level, just a limp flick and then stayed at the lowest level .
    After a search on here I read that there are two sensors, located front and rear passenger side.
    After removing front wheel I found the bracket the connects the small rod to level sensor broken as per photo.
    20131219_165644.jpg

After phoning around I found you can’t get the bracket by its self you got to buy the whole unit sensor and all.( I'm presuming the sensor is ok ) Unless anybody has one they want to part with !!
    In the mean time I thought if I just tie the sensor rod in the up position (as if the car was low at front) the headlights would rise, but alas this has not happened.
    Do I need to cancel any recorded faults; I don’t have VAG COM,If I disconnect the battery will this clear any faults .
    Anybody got any ideas .Otherwise it’s a trip to Audi.

Cheers