Another happy NHN customer! B7 RS4 retrofits

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
After the Scottish Car Show on Sunday, I headed down to N8's unit in Salford to meet up with NHN (and Nate) and get the RS4 up to scratch interior-wise. Ever since getting the car last year, the lack of bluetooth and mfsw annoyed me. The process started a couple of months ago before the final shopping list was settled - TT-RS fbmfsw, RNS-E mk2, AMI, bluetooth and SDS. I also had the 'Sport' button moved onto the dash in-line with RS4s that had MFSW from the factory (though theirs are all not flat-bottomed).

The show in Glasgow didn't let out until nearer 6, so it was straight down the road and into a hotel. Luckily Nate's unit is less than a mile from a selection of hotels, so it wasn't too early a start. Nigel was already there and set up, ready to get started. A quick scan, and a check of the sport button function, and then the stripping started. Old, crappy Nokia BT unit was yanked out and then the TT-RS wheel went on. Airbag was test fitted and then the RNS-E was swapped for the newest version (along with SDS hands-free operation). The the bluetooth and AMI were wired in and, once it as all tested, the rebuild was taken care of.

Now I have the same controls as my 08 S3, but with the addition of AMI and the latest RNS-E! Little changes, but a big difference. I now have 2x 32GB slots and the option to attach pretty much any iPod/phone (or even a dongle for any bluetooth device).

Thanks again to Nathan and Nigel, I'd happily recommend the pair of them to anyone after any retrofits or detailing work (Nate couldn't help give the interior a wipe to get rid of some grubby fingerprints, and even cleaned and hoovered the floor mats... that's the kind of guy you want cleaning your car). Nigel's work is faultless, and he even makes a mean cup of tea :icon_thumright:
Martin

Anyway... pics

The unit
IMAG03911024x760_zpsd23fd450.jpg

The goods
IMAG03991024x760_zps94836f4a.jpg

The man at work
IMAG0394760x1024_zpse1734629.jpg

In progress
IMAG04041024x760_zpsf8f2defe.jpg

IMAG04061024x760_zpsf563e42b.jpg

IMAG0403760x1024_zps4418a61c.jpg

The 'after'
1014140_440790022685476_1097436574_n.jpg

The sport button is getting replaced with a silver stripped one, so is still not pushed all the way back, and the S-Line badge on the wheel will be replaced by a shiny new RS4 one too.

Reactions: NHN and Sandra
Fantastic write up Martin, great pics, and i can tell your a happy man. Enjoy. :) x

Nigel and Nathan, excellent work as always. :) x

Looks like great work.

I'm fairly new to the forum still, do Nigel and Nate work together at kowalski details?

I'm thinking of getting a couple of things retrofitted to my S3 and just want to find out who I need to contact.

Contact either of them by pm. They will get back to you. :) x

Looks like great work.

I'm fairly new to the forum still, do Nigel and Nate work together at kowalski details?

I'm thinking of getting a couple of things retrofitted to my S3 and just want to find out who I need to contact.

No, it's just Nate at KD, but Nigel travels the country and Nate was kind enough to let us use his unit for the fitting. They've collaborated before too. Contact Nigel for retrofits, Nate for detailing and/or wheel refurb. Nate's also a Shark dealer so can sort the S3 with a map too!

Contact either of them by pm. They will get back to you. :) x

No, it's just Nate at KD, but Nigel travels the country and Nate was kind enough to let us use his unit for the fitting. They've collaborated before too. Contact Nigel for retrofits, Nate for detailing and/or wheel refurb. Nate's also a Shark dealer so can sort the S3 with a map too!

Thanks both :)

I like your mods and would love to have that steering wheel and cc fitted to my s3. Can I ask how much it cost?

I like your mods and would love to have that steering wheel and cc fitted to my s3. Can I ask how much it cost?

Thanks, Ron. I already had cruise fitted as standard, so you'd be better PMing Nigel directly (user NHN) for prices.

Reactions: NHN

PM for a price for the wheel, I have another TTRS wheel for sale.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Completely forgot to get pics up of the proper Sport button, so here's a day time and night time shot of it in place.

IMAG0001_zpse5647752.jpg

IMAG0020_zpsc4fb1c48.jpg

Reactions: Sandra and NHN
Would anyone be able to confirm the part number for the dashboard Sport button with the chrome accent like pictured above?

I think it's 8E2959903A but there appears to also be another one with 5PR on the end which I think could be the non chrome accent version.

Many thanks