1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another go faster quiz!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by chrisuz, Jul 18, 2004.

1. chrisuz

chrisuz New Member

[Jul 18, 2004]
    Hi guys, 'here we go again' you're probably all saying! I'll just get on with it. I have a audi 1.8se N reg and love it to bits. The only thing is I didn't quite do my research before buying one!!! Although it drives well I find it very slugish on hills and as I live in Devon there are plenty of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif What I didn't know then to what I know now is the difference between mine an a A4T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Is there anything I can do to increase power, acceleration etc. Is it possible to have a turbo fitted? I don't really want to get rid of my car coz she looks stunning even without modifications but would like to be able to go up a hill without changing down gears, sometimes its a wee bit embarrassing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Any info would be appreciated

Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 29, 2014]

3. excursion

excursion Member

[Jul 18, 2004]
    I test drove both before I decided & got an 1800T, so I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do to the N/A 1.8. It would be easier to sell up and get the turbo.
  4. imported_dumpvalve

imported_dumpvalve Guest

[Jul 20, 2004]
    Couldn't agree more. (This seems like a recurring theme recently!).

You could end up spending thousands and thousands on turbocharging it. Save yourself the time, money and hassle, by getting rid, and buying a 1.8T.

Trust me, as soon as you have driven a 1.8T you'll fall straight out of love with your 1.8 and getting rid will be so much easier.

You say yours looks stunning, even without modifications? So is there any reason why a standard 1.8T in the same colour wouldn't look just as 'stunning'?

Sell it mate!

Andrew.
  5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 20, 2004]
    Or even a 2.8 V6 30V, which is not only quick, but will also sound as stunning as it looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif