1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another go faster quiz!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by chrisuz, Jul 18, 2004.

1. chrisuz

chrisuz New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Hi guys, 'here we go again' you're probably all saying! I'll just get on with it. I have a audi 1.8se N reg and love it to bits. The only thing is I didn't quite do my research before buying one!!! Although it drives well I find it very slugish on hills and as I live in Devon there are plenty of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif What I didn't know then to what I know now is the difference between mine an a A4T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Is there anything I can do to increase power, acceleration etc. Is it possible to have a turbo fitted? I don't really want to get rid of my car coz she looks stunning even without modifications but would like to be able to go up a hill without changing down gears, sometimes its a wee bit embarrassing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Any info would be appreciated

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. excursion

excursion Member

Feb 25, 2003
    I test drove both before I decided & got an 1800T, so I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do to the N/A 1.8. It would be easier to sell up and get the turbo.
  4. Couldn't agree more. (This seems like a recurring theme recently!).

You could end up spending thousands and thousands on turbocharging it. Save yourself the time, money and hassle, by getting rid, and buying a 1.8T.

Trust me, as soon as you have driven a 1.8T you'll fall straight out of love with your 1.8 and getting rid will be so much easier.

You say yours looks stunning, even without modifications? So is there any reason why a standard 1.8T in the same colour wouldn't look just as 'stunning'?

Sell it mate!

5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter Black Edition quattro Audi S4

May 26, 2003
    Or even a 2.8 V6 30V, which is not only quick, but will also sound as stunning as it looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif