1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Folding Mirrors Question......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Tonka Toy, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Member

I've recently bought a 2011 S3 with factory-fitted folding mirrors from a main dealer and the salesman assured me the mirrors would also auto-dip when reversing.

However, I can find nothing in the handbook about functionality and all the settings and methods I've tried so far have not worked. I've also read through numerous threads and still can't seem to find a definitive answer about whether my mirrors will auto-dip in reverse. So, am I missing something here or is it possible that my folding mirrors will not auto-dip?

Any advice please would be much appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:
    s3facelift09 likes this.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Not possible on 8P chassis.
    Tonka Toy likes this.
  3. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Member

That's a real p**ser as it's a useful function. I'm sure my old 2007 R32 used to do it on reverse? So the dealer spoke with forked-tounge then? Oh well, thanks again for the heads-up anyway.

Can I ask for advice on one more feature please: I keep setting the DIS display to show digital speed readout but next day it's always gone and returned back to basic screen. Should this be happening and can it be set as default please so always there when I start-up?
  4. mjr901

mjr901 S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

yes, Mk 5 golfs do it, they didn't put that function on the 8P.
  5. Marshy

Marshy Active Member

My mk6 Golf did the passenger mirror when reverse was selected although the mirror switch had to be set to the left mirror for it to work.
    You'd of thought if Golfs have it out Audis would!

My dis stays on the speedo readout ok.
  6. mjr901

mjr901 S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

I can't understand it myself, It's madness. Should be the other way around.
  7. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, you would've thought if anything Audi would have this extra convenience feature and not just VW. Indeed, both should do it as it's very useful in avoiding costly alloy wheel refurbs.
  8. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Member

Perhaps it's just me hauling my 17 stone frame out of the car then and I inadvertently hit the stalk??:sadlike: