1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Flywheel Thread, Oh and i am new to the Audi bug.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dan s3 audi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Dan s3 audi

Dan s3 audi Member

[Apr 3, 2012]
    Just brought myself a nice audi s3, which has put a smile on my face everytime i have been out in it. I have noticed on thing with the car and thats when i turn the car off there is a horrible rattle from engine area. Soon noticed that if i turned my car off with the clutch pressed in the rattle nearly goes away. So i have been told its the dual mass flywheel

Been looking on the net at solid or dual and have decided to go for a LUK dual flywheel, BUT there are two choices.

One has max free play 12A, with No teeth 5

more exspensive one

max free play 27A, with No Teeth 10

My engine code is APY

Its a 1999 model

Chassis number WAUZZ8LZXA122082

which one do i get ???????

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

[Apr 3, 2012]
    i had the DMF & clutch by LUK fitted to my S3 in January, so far so good the clutch seems to cope well even with a remap. I ordered my parts from Euro car parts if you call them they will tell which DMF suits your car. Mine was the cheaper one suppose i was just lucky.
  4. quinnj2

quinnj2 Member

[Apr 4, 2012]
    I've just brought a LUK Flywheel from Euros and have the same issue, I've been sold 336440420, the cheaper one. I will go speak to them tomorrow and see what to do.

**Update, if you look on Eurocarparts at the two flywheels you will see on one it says "VIN to" and the other says "VIN from". So looks like you need to check the VIN number to see which one you need. Always check the new one is identical to the old flywheel your taking off.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  5. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

[Apr 5, 2012]
    my car is a 2002 so the cheaper one is likely to apply to the newer cars