Another Fault code.

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right car seams to be running fine noticed last couple of days that the temp gauge drops right of to 60 after being on motorway when it's just been on 90 (didn't see it slowly drop off think it just goes straight to 60) and then I pull up turn engine off switch ignition on and off a few times then the temp suddenly reads 90. I'm I right in thinking temp sensor is goosed ?? Fault code I'm getting is 00561 mixture adaptation regulation.

Cheers

Thermostat will be causing the wonky temp, mine did exactly the same. It jumps back up after being parked for a minute due to heatsoak.

I found with mine that driving slow again, or even pulling into a services and leaving the engine running would bring it back up to 90 pretty quickly.

Your fault code is unrelated IMO. It probably indicates an airleak, as its the additive mixture thats exceeding the adjustment limits.

See here for some other possible reasons:
00561 - Ross-Tech Wiki

I'll try it when the gauge drops off see what I get, I used a genuine thermostat when I replaced the old one.

Well had a look today and found one of turbo to manifold stud nuts loose before lambda sensor so going to clear fault and see how she goes.

Well after being on motorway this morning temp dropped off again and was reading on hvac 30'c so i presume the temp sensor is fubar

Not neccesarily?

Still sounds typical of a thermostat fault to me. What you need to do is get the 49c output up on the display, then drive and see if it moves sensibly.

If it drops from 90c to 30c in 4 seconds, its probably the sensor. If the slowly and steadily drops at motorway speeds, then slowly and steadily climbs again once off the motorway, then its the stat.

Well yesterday it dropped to 30'c and stayed there till i got home and didnt jump to 90 when i flicked ignition off and on a few times, so this morning i checked on the hvac before starting and it read 30'c ??? I would of thought it should be 0c ??? can some one check there TQS and see what it reads from cold please ?? Doesnt do all the time as it did it this morning and not on way home its got a mind off its own.