1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another failed attempt :-(

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Agent_Trig, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

[Oct 24, 2011]
    I tried a while back to remove the lower console triangle handles to replace with new ones as they are looking a little worn. After removing the ashtray and the gear surround, I then found out that one of the nuts is located right at the back underneath the air-con unit and none of my sockets would fit.

Since then I found out on here I need an 8mm socket which I bought yesterday but I just cant seem to get the nut undone. Because of where it is, I'm finding it impossible to get any leverage to undo the nut.

Any tips?

I think that if I removed the air-con unit, that could help but not sure how to remove this either.

Cheers :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. BBlackburn

BBlackburn Member

[Oct 24, 2011]
    The triangles either side of the gear stick have a Allen key slot underneath look right under you'll see it and also the 8mm nuts search for double din conversion either here or on google to get all the relevant 8mm bolts then use the Allen key.
    Hope this helps.
  4. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

[Oct 24, 2011]
    the air con unit can be removed to help, Get a screw driver with a bit of tape wrapped around the end or a bit of cloth to undo the trim around the card holder assuming this is a double din.

When the trim around the trim around the card holder is popped out, You need to get your fingers on the air con panel from the top push down a bit to release and pull it out. Undo connectors and its out easy enough.

Hope that helps
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  5. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

[Oct 24, 2011]
    Superb, I'll try this.

Thanks
  6. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Oct 24, 2011]
    get a socket extension bar?
  7. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

[Oct 24, 2011]
    Most will need one of these. I'll see what it's like once the air-con unit is removed.